Breaking in Harley-Davidson motorcycles again

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Part of the Job is putting 500 miles on all of our rental and service loaned machines. They have to be broken in by employees. So... Yeah Mrs. Revlis wasn't up for a couple hundred miles on a slightly chilly Sunday... But, Gen was.

cool.gif

Good passenger too, not a lot of wiggling around, excited about being on the bike, and the new Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic worked much better than the last one I had. 96 Cubic Inches and a 6 speed tranny makes for a much better ride.

Here's a few shots...

It was very cold.... Coffee was very nice, and then she took my camera away...

Rev_Mar3_coldGen.jpg

OK, like I said it was Cold... Not absolute, but with windchill so she has on her snowboarding jacket on over an armored Alpinestars jacket.

Rev_Mar3_RideGen.jpg

Big, Ugly, windblown... But otherwise, happy... But in need of my camera...

REv_ridesmll2mar3.jpg

And, just moments after this shot was taken I once again had control of the camera.
cool.gif

Was a good ride, and most importantly it was a lot of fun...

While H-D has made a lot of improvements, I'm still thinking I am not really an H-D guy...

REv_ridesmllmar3.jpg

Great Pics! Always fun to ride with a passenger, especially one who wants to be there...

You got a real tough life there....
winkold.gif
Yeah I only work prolly 60 hours a week on average so it's nice that there are some perks. The Models and Motorcycles do make up for a lot of hassle and aggravation. It's a good company, good people, just nature of the position and work that I end up kind of buried.

Only downside is that there is a lot of demand, and almost no recognition, no attaboys... Kind of gets old after awhile, especially in a creative position to only hear about what deadline is coming up or why we missed a particular mistake in some radio copy, or "how come you used X instead of Y"... Top it off with most of your coworkers bearing grudges of one sort or another, whether they feel slighted because I'm a bit aloof OR because I'm an A55hole, which is more likely. So it's NOT a perfect job, but it's not bad.

BAH, If I were really into Harley it would be different but when riding becomes work? It does kind of blow just a little bit. I know I know....
boohoo.gif

Now if they were paying me to break in Suzuki's or something...

Great Pics! Always fun to ride with a passenger, especially one who wants to be there...
Really did make for a nice ride, I'd look in my mirrors and she just staring off at the trees or whatever happened to be whizzing by. The Bike makes a lot of sense off of the Interstate under about 70 MPH. Taken for what it is, toodling along twisty back roads and providing a nice rolling chicane for the sport bike nutters was pretty enjoyable really. Seeing that she was really loving it made it a lot more fun, you're absolutely right.

Still thinking about selling the busa possibly, I just cannot get around the fact that it seems like a waste of a great bike just having her sitting there in the garage. BUT, doesn't seem as though Harley is going to be the answer for me again this year. They are cool, but after beveling both the floor boards and flattening a few other low hanging bits on the Softail I don't think I am quit ready for true cruiser yet. SO again I find myself staring at Moto Guzzi with a sense of purpose.

whistling.gif

While H-D has made a lot of improvements, I'm still thinking I am not really an H-D guy...
I don't know...  
sadnews.gif
 looks like a good fit in this pic!  
laugh.gif

post-12-75609-REv_ridesmll2mar3.jpg

The twin cam 96 is a decent motor~ Properly tuned and dyno'ed it's even better~ The 6spd trannys are nice also, but I Hardley use 6th unless on the interstate.. and that's none too often~ Most of my ridin is in town and back roads... as you well know~ I've put 8k on my Softail, so far, and she's still runnin just as strong as ever... better even~  
winkold.gif

Sounds like fun to me, even if it is a Harley. Change of pace is always nice.

And she's a cutie too!
beerchug.gif

looks fun to ride anyway.
beerchug.gif
so im confused. did you get Mrs. Revlis to finally go or is that someone else cause she wouldn't

Although I'd also own a Fat Boy if I had the garage, a full-dresser is a little too much for my taste. An all-black Guzzi is different and would be a great bike, but my guess is that you'd grow tired of it after a while; you seem like you need something that's a little more on the edge.

And Miss H-D gets my vote
winkold.gif

looks fun to ride anyway.
beerchug.gif
so im confused. did you get Mrs. Revlis to finally go or is that someone else cause she wouldn't
The Loving wife met me when my only form of transportation was GSXR 750.... For about a year she lived on the back of that thing with me, running between Ft. Collins and Denver, all over creation rain or shine. So she's earned the right to look at me and say "Meh" when I say "Hey You want to go for a long ride?"

Miss Harley-Davidson of Seattle on the other hand "Gen" she was all for it, defrosting in front of the fire after the ride at my place she was still all for it, once properly thawed anyway and is looking forward to the next ride...

I just picked up yet ANOTHER Heritage Softail Classic to break in, this one is Blue, so I'll be doing more floor-board beveling soon.
laugh.gif

I don't know...
sadnews.gif
looks like a good fit in this pic!
laugh.gif

post-12-75609-REv_ridesmll2mar3.jpg

The twin cam 96 is a decent motor~ Properly tuned and dyno'ed it's even better~ The 6spd trannys are nice also, but I Hardley use 6th unless on the interstate.. and that's none too often~ Most of my ridin is in town and back roads... as you well know~ I've put 8k on my Softail, so far, and she's still runnin just as strong as ever... better even~
winkold.gif
I dunno Bro, I keep thinking that for the money that they want for their machines, that I am just not enough of an enthusiast...

The Moto Guzzi Griso on the other hand is a fair bit less money, better handling and brakes though there is little to no after market, and It would have to be serviced in Seattle. SO I dunno...

The New Harley's are hard to fault though taken for what they are, if you're point of reference is a Hayabusa it takes a little time to settle into the cruiser mindset. After that though, I find that I no longer feel like I have to defend H-Ds out there. They work great and feel good going down the road, just not a heritage on the Interstate so much.

Just out on the back roads and highways I find myself relaxed and enjoying the ride. But Boy I miss the H.P. and performance, though I am much more comfortable so... Yeah...

Back