brand new 2003 busa - TRE wanted

TINMAN

Registered
Replacing my 1999 model for a brand new 2003 on wednesday. I really want to replace the clocks on the front to show the magic 220mph and get a 'TRE', although I'm not sure from reading these posts whether there is such a thing for my new bike ( tre that is ).

Please help I'm a little bit confused here.............

Best advise is do not worry about the restriction until you have hit the mph limit 5 or 6 times. You may find that you do not want or need more. 184mph on the gps is a lot of speed. It is a lot harder to get to 200mph then most people think. Those who say they get there easy with under 190hp are smoking pot. If you get there and need more you will find the TRE for the 03.

i agree my tre really did smooth things out in low end a little but im not gonna do any 200 mph runs, i did but the 220mph face plates on though,i got mine thru speedhut and their custom for me, you will need a speedo healer to get your speedo reading right after the change. i highly recomend speedohealer.com tell norbert, joe form pa. said hi. 80.00 to your door and he will even tell you the exact setting to use. i love mine

yes, thinkin' in installing a Yellow Box in mine too... after TRE installation, i won't change the clocks, no need for that, but i will adjust them to match the exact speed: 185 mph is enough for me... I was told that old busas had a huge difference between real speed and clock speed (302km/h marking 340km/h or 187mph marking 210...). So i guess that speedhealer or yellow box will do the trick for most of us, who don't dare (or don't want) to drive faster than 185mph...

so what yoyr saying is 'yes' the tre will do it ( even though the 2003 has a new ecu or what ever they call it ) and that I will then have to alter my clocks ?

I do like the idea of replacing the clocks for 220mph ones though.........

they work just fine on an '03. I noticed a huge difference in low end power, also less engine braking. No more "nuts vs. tank" when coming down from a wheelie... The only draw back being the bike coughs more when it's cold...

Back