Brammo - All Electric - Whaddya think?

MelodicMetalGod

Registered
While still miles away from the sheer power and thrill available with the aid of a bit of petrol, I would love to have an electric and it appears they're making progress.

Check out the Brammo Empulse:

100% Electric Motorcycle : Brammo Empulse and Enertia Home

1.jpg

Got a pretty good write up in MCN this month. Up to 120 mile range (economy mode), up to 70 mph (sport mode) and a cost per mile, as low as about $.01!!!

Thoughts? (As if I have to ask here at the Org. :laugh:)

A step in the right direction.
I hated to see 2-strokes go away from MX/SX.
If we all live long enough we'll see alot of the(if not all)gas bikes and vehicles go away eventually too.
Having countless cities and towns cater to electric vehicles with available charging stations will be the biggest hinderance to progress with electrics.
At least someone is there now making progress with today's technology.
I'de like to ride it.

Someday finite fossil fuel will soar in cost (4 bucks a gallon is nothing) and alternatives will abound. We can pretend that won't happen but it will. I recently purchased a Nissan Leaf and figured it would be a little tin box....I was so wrong, it is fast and luxurious. I love that car and it's really fun to thumb your nose at gas stations! These electric bikes that are being released seem to be well made....AND battery research is advancing all the time. I'm not selling my Hayabusas but I am broadening my consciousness. Doyle

If I lived back in AZ or someplace where you could ride year round, I think it would make a great commuter, wonder what kind of life expectancy the batts have and how expensive to replace when junk. it is a bit high priced for most people but the underlying factor is the lack of having to put 4$ gas in it. If your place of work would allow you to plug in there it would be even better. wonder if a small solar panel on it would be enough to charge it throughout the day if parked in the sun? anyway, interesting bike, would love to test ride one.

Being as I'm one who prepares for the Zombie Apocalypse, I love the idea of having transportation one could charge (even if it took days) with solar panels and wind.

So yeah, paint it camo and mount a shotgun scabbard on the side and I'm in :)

Anyone interested in a 150HP electric motorcycle with a range of 200 miles, top speed of 186, a full recharge time of 4 hours or less with a purchase price of $12,000 or less?

Back