Brakes - What to get?

I went to the Internation Motor Cycle looking for new technology. I was kind of disapointed. The show was more about the new bikes. I did get to talk to a BST wheel distributor. The rear wighed around 8 lbs not 5. I thing that I should loose about 30 to 35 lbs when all is done. When I previously weighed stock wheels without the tires , the rear weigh around 23 and the front around 18.
I talked to EMA eurpoean motor accessories of pleasenton about the brakes. They seem to be an athority when it comes to the high performance parts. I think I talked to greg the owner. He recomended the PVM mono block brakes. He explained that the AP racing brakes are alittle behind in their technology. I have got to admit the PVM brakes have a nice look.
Also at the show. The infomous wave rotors. I confronted one of the vendors. He got angry with me so I listened to him till he thought he had made a sale. He believes that the wave rotor get rid of the heat better and that they are more effective due to the leading/trailing edge effects of the wave constantly alternating accross the pads. I dont agree. I believe that the best system would be the constant surface and multiple pads as brembos have.
Thanks for the carbon rotor advice. Heat is the ingredient I probebly wont have. Im not a heavy braker. I use the engine into the turns and ride it out. Still learning to ride adter 20 years. What I did find is a rotor dealer that is finally producing the CERAMIC rotors I have been looking for for about 5 years. They will be the bomb. He claims they will weigh 1.6 lbs each, half the weight. I also know that ceramics can handle the heat better. The only thing I am not sure about is how well they are going to stop. They will cost around 1500 for the pair and will be for sale in febuary.
The best thing I got from the show whas the ability to see the parts on the gp bikes from the delears. For instance; SHOWA forks do seem to be the choice of HONDA and SUZUKI although they are not for sale to the public. I was told that for a oair of these I would have to come up with about 15000. Brembos were the choick for the brakes. Everyone had them.
EMA has a set of the Ohlins waiting for me I will get those next month. After the BSTs. I hope them feel good. Next come the brakes. I am still up in the air but now its either Brembo or PVM.
If you are into to lightening the swing arms let me know. I got a couple of links for people that will build extreme swing arm with aluminum and also a couple of people that work with titanium. I noticed that the Honda GP bike had a prety nice swing are made of aluminum. Them rep told me that they were avaliable although I dont think he ment for the Busa.

Can you guys help me? I got dised buy a girl who rides a 750. She a hard core biker that said my bike is a drag bike. I dont want to race her I just want to ride her. Opps I mean I just want to ride with her not race her.

Back