Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Another z1000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MentalSuicide

Registered
Alright i had a recent little accident on my bike, where i bearley got a scrath but my kawi z1000 got messed up then the tow driver totalled it by draging it sideways onto the flat bed and just droping it constantly AAAssjani.gif I did have insurance on it so now i'm in the market to get another bike. But i'm unsure what to get.

I want to get somthing like 00 to 04. price range is probably going to be between 5 and 7.5k. (depending on mods and stuff ) I was thinking about the busa thats how i found these boards.

I don't do stunts, i just like to ride. The drag and twisties i would call myself.

So here is my delema.

The reason i would choose the busa would be for the power and top end speed but it's about 100lbs more than a 1k bike. I do like the style it has to it. I like how the power band of the bike seems to be soild throughout the gears(from what i've read) But this bike is in it's own class

R1, i really like the way this bike looks. i do hear alot of hype about the quickness this bike has. also being much lighter. been reading the 1/4mile and top speed section of the forums and this seems like a decent choice

ax12, a buddy of mine has this bike i donno i thought i just would throw it in here to see the reactions tounge.gif i don't think it's anything to special i would probably get another z1000 before getting a zx12

zx10 Nothing really stands out here for me i havn't looked into the zx10 much but from what i gather it's a pretty decent bike. alot of hype here also but don't know about it really.

Gsxr1000, I like the way this bike looks in the 02 black/red/sliver. (blue/white doesn't do it for me) i like how the bike is light and has high end stablity.

So I think if i was to really choose a bike in the 1k class it would be a hard choice between the r1 and gxr1k.

Any opinions are much appericated.
Thanks guys

Busa or 12. 12 would be cheaper, but less out there mods-wise. The performance of the 2 comes down to rider. Liter bikes are great if you are a little guy, and don't ride long distances.

You really don't say how your going to ride the bike. So wink.gif if it's twisties and draging on the street for grins, go with the GSXR 1000  beerchug.gif

Busa was my vote, but who saw that coming right? ices_rofl.gif
They are all fast bikes, pick your flavor and which appeals best to you. They will all get you hurt, and are ALL fun to ride. It just depends which flavor is right for you?

Westbrook

Sorry : to clairy It'll be all street riding and grins

I'm 5'8" and 185 ungear'd

Longest trip i did in a stright run was about 100 miles then rest and drive back ! tounge.gif but it's mostly for just blasting around

if you like to ride long distance, dont get a liter bike... the busa can be set up for long distance riding for fairly cheap price and it will always have the quickness for the straights and in the hands of a skilled rider and with the proper set up, can be loads of fun in the twisties!!

BUSA.......The only bike i would ever consider owning,i have ridden the new 06 gsxr1000,r1,and a new zx14,plus many other smaller bikes.The busa has the best looks,comfort and best of all......SPEED!!!!! race.gif Dont get me wrong the new liter bikes handle nice and are fast,but,hands down..the busa is my favorite,on my second one(this one is boosted)and looking to buy a third one(all stock)

I have owned my 99 Hayabusa and 01 GSXR1000 since new and wouldn’t dream of selling either. I’m 5’7â€, 185 pounds and take either on all day long journeys to places I’ve never been previously (I love adventures). I took the GSXR1000 to Lake Erie last year and that was an 830 mile round trip. Would I do it again on the GSXR1000? You betcha! But I take turns putting miles on the two bikes, so my Lake Ontario trip was on my Busa. I’m comfortable on both, but if I had to say which offers the absolute best in long range comfort, I’d have to admit it is the Hayabusa, but only slightly in my case. I’m kind of Hobbit sized.

I also owned a 99 R1 (purchased new) for several years before I lost it to a head-on collision with a cell phone fixated female 18-year-old dipsh*t cager. Yes, the R1 looks sleek but it is a poser compared to either of the other two GSXR’s. R1’s totally suck for high-speed stability (don’t even include a steering damper) and their crotch-sized wind protection keeps you from enjoying any speeds much over 120 MPH due to all the buffeting and drag on its rider. Most times I found myself letting off the throttle coincidentally by the time it just reached 99 MPH. That’s where its miniscule wind protection just plain vanishes. I never took the twitchy R1 any higher than 156 MPH, as it was just too unstable (and yes, the wheels were balanced and true). I found the R1 was a good back road bike if not looking to go much faster than 80~85 MPH however, I’d put my 01 GSXR1000 against it ANY day and in ANY capacity.

My 01 GSXR 1000 handles better, is more comfortable, has better acceleration, offers fairly good wind protection, is stable at high speeds (and I’ve been 187 MPH as indicated on a friend’s borrowed GPS), can easily muster 2nd gear “throttle only†wheelies even with its 5.55% taller gearing and still muster properly timed 3rd gear “throttle only†wheelies if not in the sweltering heat of summer. (Stock gearing is 17/42, I however use 18/42 gearing)

On the other hand, the 99 R1 had difficulty with 2nd gear “throttle only†wheelies and could in no way hoist the front while in 3rd gear. Perhaps the newer R1’s can, but the earlier R1’s were vastly over rated when it came to HP/muscle. The ONE attribute the 99 R1 possessed that was truly EXCEPTIONAL was its seamless carburetion. It was PERFECT from idle through redline and it made it a real pleasure to ride.

The R1’s brake and clutch levers were mounted too high causing pain to your hands/wrist as it wasn’t a straight reach to the levers and had you bending your hands uncomfortably upward. I still enjoyed the R1 for what its sleek appearance and fantastic carburetion, but if anything had to be totaled like happened that day that I cheated the reaper of my soul (but the bast*rd got my R1), I was glad it was my R1 and not either of my GSXR’s.

If you ever ride two-up, the Hayabusa easily allows the greater comfort/stability compared to the little lightweight liter bikes.

I hope you found this somewhat helpful.

Thanks quasar thats just the type of reply i was looking for smile.gif
I think i'll be getting a gsxr1000 because it's alittle more affordable and i don't do long trips( wish i could have em all like you!)
but it'll come down to what i see frist for the right price tounge.gif

Thanks everyone for the replies
jump9.gif

Sounds like the Gixxer 1K is the best choice for your riding preference, size and price range. beerchug.gif

I'm going to go out on a limb here as a Suzuki fan & owner on a Suzuki board, and recommend you sit on the ZX10 as well. I rode both the Gixxer 1K and a 10....both awesome, the Kawi is no slouch by any means, and I found it very comfortable. Good luck in your choice smile.gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back