Brake help!

lzeplin

Registered
I recently bought a 04 busa, up front it only has 1 disk and caliper. It stops it fine but this bike is real easy to get into trouble with and Id rather have the double setup. The wheel looks like a factory wheel that's just been chromed, on the right side is a block off plate but it doesn't have bolts holding it on. You can see the seam where the plate joins the wheel, the plate also say's hayabusa . But my question is how do you get it off? Could it be some kind of sticky tape?

Also there's only one red brake line running from the master cylinder to the caliper? What do I need to split it 2 ways for the new caliper and rotor? Thanks for all the help, I'm brand new to busa's. I have a zx9r that I've had for years but just routine maintenance is all I've ever did, Anyway thanks for all the help!

i can supply you with all needed to make it back right. send pics of your setup email in signature

GoldenChild will take good care of you.

To answer your question there is one brake line coming from the master cylinder
it goes to the right caliper and then there is a shorter hose that goes over the fender to the left side.

If you are going to do the work you will have to remove the wheel to get the new rotor on.
At that point you might have a better understanding of what is covering the rotor screw holes.
Otherwise post a picture of it and someone here can probably tell you what it is.

Sorry guy's I should have posted pic's when I started the thread. Maybe this will help, are these factory wheel, and what holds the cover on?
DSC02952_zps2b7b4cc5.jpg
DSC02954_zps87a257c9.jpg
DSC02953_zps59956e2c.jpg

If I had to guess that plate is just taking the place of the rotor.
I may fall off when you unscrew the axle? or pull off pretty easy?

And Yes they look like factory wheels - just like mine except yours are chromed.

Pull the front wheel and see what you got. Hopefully the plate just pulls off for you. Get with Daniel about what you need. He might even have a chromed rotor to match the other one. Don't let brake fluid get on anything, it destroys painted surfaces.

Pull the front wheel and see what you got. Hopefully the plate just pulls off for you. Get with Daniel about what you need. He might even have a chromed rotor to match the other one. Don't let brake fluid get on anything, it destroys painted surfaces.

I happen to have polished and chrome rotor, but I wouldn't wait forever as someone is eyeing the chrome and polished set lol

Back