Brake Bleeding made Easy adn Cheap!

TwistedOne

Registered
I hope this is not a repost but if it is I could not find it.

Here it is and it is VERY simple.

What ya need:

1. Brake Fluid "The kind for your bike"
2. Bleeder wrench
3. 1'4" clear brake hose "about 2 foot"
3 100cc syrienge "You can get these from Walgreens"

Here is what you do:

First make sure the resivor is full of fluid, then you will want to put the wrench over the bleeder screw so it is hanging close to the base. Slip one end of the clear line over the niple on the syrienge and the other over the end of the bleeder screw. Open the screw a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Slowley pull the plunger out of the syrienge until it either reaches the top or you see no air bubbles and only fluid. After you do this close the bleeder screw and remove the hose. I dump the old out and start again if kneeded.

Keep an eye on the resivor to make sure it keeps fluid in it!

After you get just fluid coming out through the tube close the valve, remove the tube and do the pump, pump, pump and hold method to just get the last bit of air out. If you do not know what this is, it is just what it says..pump,pump,pump and hold. then open the bleeder for just a second so either fluid or air comes out. Close it off and release the brake pedal or lever or clutch lever.

That is all ther is to it..

Brake fluid $6 --- Wallmart
Syringe $2.40 ----- WalGreens
Clear Hose --- $.80 --- Lowes

Total --- $9.20

Hope this helps someone...It sure did me with my _8 swing arm and line!

Thanks!
smile.gif

hey . what i do is about the same but opposite
i use a squeeze bottle but what u use will work also.
BUT, as the master cylinder is up higher than the slave cylinder, i make sure that the master is MT and force fluid into the slave fitting and then UP into the master, as the air bubbles will rise up better than trying to pull them down into the slave cylinder.
later
Michael

Back