braided brake line choice

braided brake line choice - which did you go with...

• 2 line on the front

Votes: 69 100.0%
  • 3 line on the front

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Galfer's
wink.gif

ok...how about 3 lines at the resevoir.....the 3rd going to the rear...you could then use the adjusting nut so that the rear would only grab at almost full squeeze of the lever.....
tounge.gif

poke.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144961321 -->

ok...how about 3 lines at the resevoir.....the 3rd going to the rear...you could then use the adjusting nut so that the rear would only grab at almost full squeeze of the lever.....
tounge.gif

poke.gif
sounds dangerous to me.

I wouldn't want that because I don't need my rear locking up if I have to brake hard.

I had Hel lines (dual from master). They worked fine. Then i switched to Spiegler (sp). I liked the fact that they had over 20 different kinds of bajo's and they're all swivel seal so you can adjust them.

btw... for custom lines I got them in two days and they were spont on from the requirements I sent them.

HEL all four. From Street and Track, thanks Charles.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154868853 -->

I had Hel lines ,they were very nice lines ,then had to order longer lines and ended up with the Galfer lines and there also real nice lines too. So my 2cents is, I cant tell any performance difference between the 2 makers and really not sure if there are any .

Thanks ,Great info. I didnt know that
smile.gif
I guess there is a difference but for the type of rider that I am ,I dont thing I would know the difference as long as she stops better than the stock lines .

I went with HEL lines frt and rear. I did the one line off the reservoir and one looped over the fender. Can't see much of a difference. I started to do it the other way and one line was a tad short. I could have switched them and they would have fit but I just wanted to get it done and hooked up.

The wrap of the stainless does not matter, it is just protecting the Nylon tube. What you really want to know is the: Maximum permissable expansion for the hose per foot at a given pressure say 200 Bar, (3000 psi). This expansion takes volumne from the system and increases lever travel. The lower the expansion the shorter travel and better feel you will get from your brakes. A real good number for a dash 3 line is 0.61 cm3/ft. This is Fren Tubo's spec and they have one of the highest Quality lines available.

Back