BP's Oil Leak In The Gulf (i think i have the solution to stop it)

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
but don't know who to contact to convey my idea...thus far their efforts have disgusted me to the point that it appears they're grasping at straws so bad that they've consulted the village idiots..anyways..here's what i would try...immediately...

It's my understanding that one of the problems they face is extremely cold...almost frezzing temperatures at a mile deep..so my thought is to turn that weakness into a strength...check it out..here's what i believe is an immediate solution...

Run 4-6 tankers of "Liquid Nitrogen" out to the gusher site..run a liquid nitrogen line down to the leak and rapidly flood the site with liquid nitrogen...thereby freezing the entire leak site shut...freeze it shut!...then that can buy them time so they can cap the SOB!

just a thought...and fairly certain it would work....especially if they use a turbo pump from the Space Shuttle Main Engine to rapidly flood the site with liquid nitrogen.

JMHO & L8R, Bill. :cool:

Something needs to be done, and at this point anything is better then what has happened. After reading what the University of Florida has uncovered, I am litterally in tears at how they have ruined my planet. An underwater slick now found to fill an area 10 miles long, by 2 miles wide and 300 feet thick.

Doing a rough calculation of how much that really equates to in actual oil, my mouth dropped open. I won't post the number as you would think it is impossible...do the math and see for yourself.

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE NOW! They are killing the Gulf of Mexico and the way of life on the Gulf Coast. I pray ever day that they find something.

Jinkster the water is cold but I don't think it that cold also the pressure associated with the flow may prevent it from working ?
Greed is the real reason it's taking so long .
They do not want to cap or stop it simply .
They want to stop it and leave it still accessible and useable for the future .
So while trying to stop the leak they wanna do it in a manner that will still make it possible to install a new wellhead for future pumping .
They could simply dump tons of quickset concrete on it if all they wanted to do was stop it but I don't think that's only thing on their minds ?

Something needs to be done, and at this point anything is better then what has happened. After reading what the University of Florida has uncovered, I am litterally in tears at how they have ruined my planet. An underwater slick now found to fill an area 10 miles long, by 2 miles wide and 300 feet thick.

Doing a rough calculation of how much that really equates to in actual oil, my mouth dropped open. I won't post the number as you would think it is impossible...do the math and see for yourself.

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE NOW! They are killing the Gulf of Mexico and the way of life on the Gulf Coast. I pray ever day that they find something.

full agreement doc...the gulf IS "The Oceans Nursry"...the big egg nest that provides fish for all the bigger fish to feed on and sustain "ALL"

"and all living things in the sea shall perish"

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day...teach a man how to catch fish and he feeds himself for life...let big oil drill in the gulf and we all die...slowly...sux...on a biblical scale.

L8R, Bill....and i ain't happy.

Jinkster the water is cold but I don't think it that cold also the pressure associated with the flow may prevent it from working ?

dude..the SSME turbo-pump can empty 3 tankers in 17 seconds...i watched it happen with my own eyes on a cold run out at Pratt & Whitneys test area...trust me..that much LN would freeze everything to a solid chunk the size of yankee stadium in seconds and if these knuckleheads are even considering using just (3) robotic subs to try an stuff a 6" line in the end?..wtf are they thinking?

You could dip a frog in just a cup of LN for 3 seconds...throw it in the air...and it would shatter like glass when it hit the ground...the LN would work.

but i agree that there's other forces and agendas at work here..unfortunately.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back