so...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
i called BP for the 2nd time today...and now?.unlike a week and 1/2 ago?..when i sent a copy of my proposal too both BP's Deep Horizon website and sent a copy to Bobby Jindles office (Gov. Of LA)...?...today?...a human voice actually listened to me..as i explained that my 1st proposal was to use shaped charges of c4 to simultaneously rupture 4-6 Tankards/Dewars of LN2 (liquid nitrogen) right at the spill site with an anchoring system of steel cable and chain link fence (for the "Cling/Anchor Factor" as ice wants to float) and Freeze the oil flow solid right in it's own flowpath cxreathing an underwater iceburg the size of yankee stadium...which at that depth/temps (just a few degrees above freezing) would last about 6 months...plenty of time to incorporate a permanant mechanicl seal/plug..but..now that they've chopped the top off and cleaned things up a bit mechanically speaking?...now i'm changing my advice/solution..as now?..alls they'd really hafta do is machine up a "TAPERED PLUG"...with about 10 tons of steel stock on the backside...with like a 1 deg. taper..and the weight alone would both stop the oil flow and create a seal....just lower it on in with a lil directional aid from the ROVs...and then it hit me...

this is stupid...there are so many obviouse, plausible solutions..to me at least...and who am i?..maybe a rung above the village idiot?...and what are they doing?..junk shots?...tennis balls?..freaking mud?...cooommmmoooooommm man! these cats can't be this stupid and lacking...which leads me to believe folks that...unfortunately?...this shid is by design..

The scientists are telling BP they are irresponsible as he11 to "Disperse It"...we want to "Collect It" NOT DISPERSE IT...we want to coagulate it and gather it for disposal...not MIX IT into our fresh water estuarys!:banghead:

so...as it turns out?..the dispersant that BP is using?...is made by a company that BP owns...which to me?...tells the story right there...a tale of greed..and the destruction of a planets oceans and waterways and all living things in the sea...and...imnsho?...

Folks?...we...our nation....is under environmental attack...and the efoorts put forth thus far by those responsible?..is laughable..to me at least..in an ironic/insane sorta way...and it looks like we'll get what we deserve for our mass apathy...and if ya wanna really trash me i the near future?...post a pic of the bass you won't catch in alabama 2 years from now.

but?...ya never know..ya might get lucky and get one of those 3 eye'd two tale suckers. :laugh: :whistle:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I agree with ya Bill this is eventually going to become a health problem. I work for the water and wastewater dept. in the city I live in. There are ways this could have been stopped weeks ago IMO. We work water lines Hot on occasion so I don't see why they can't do it too. There is a thing called a gripper ring that you can attach to a valve. If you've ever hooked up a icemaker at home you have seen the smaller version. You know the in-line valve you push the tubing into. One you push that tubing in that sucker ain't coming out. Anyway, bolt that thing to a valve and guide it over the pipe (that could have been cut weeks ago) with the valve open. That allows the oil (water) to continue to blow out until the gripper ring is all the way on. Once it's on you can then cut the valve off. Works on water line's, don't see why it wouldn't work down there. Oh well....

They should have a website where good ideas like these can be posted and considered. I thought that some chemist out there has to be able to tell them how to inject something right at the source that would turn the oil into a solid (sort of like the freezing idea), and possibly cause the hole to plug itself. If not, at least you're dealing with cleaning up massive lumps of solids. And I like the idea of that massive, tapered plug. And if the weight alone doesn't work, how about some threads to screw it in?

They should have a website where good ideas like these can be posted and considered. I thought that some chemist out there has to be able to tell them how to inject something right at the source that would turn the oil into a solid (sort of like the freezing idea), and possibly cause the hole to plug itself. If not, at least you're dealing with cleaning up massive lumps of solids. And I like the idea of that massive, tapered plug. And if the weight alone doesn't work, how about some threads to screw it in?

if you used a "Lead Sleeve" or better yet?..sandcast/machined the entire plug out of lead?..it's maliable enough to create a leakproof seal just by forming under it's own weight.

and?..i've recieved several responses ALL saying my proposals won't work..which is utter BS...the funny part is just the other day myself and a couple engineers were laughing our azzs off watching the robotic diamond saw (that they at one point got stuck) cutting that pipe off just above...(get this)...A FREAKING BOLTED ON FLANGE! LOL!!!!!

proving...either:

A. These guys are the dumbest pack of retards i've ever seen in action or?...

B. Somehow?..for God knows why?....this biblical environmental catastrophy is..."On Purpose".

and at this point?...i'm thinking "they can't be this stupid" (it's impossible)..coupled with the initial "Apathetic Lack Of Urgency Up Front" attitude displayed by BP?....but yet the 3 of us stood there in the engineering dept. watching it all happen real time on youtube not knowing wether to laugh or cry...at the GROSS stupidity on BP's part.

I'm done with this..they didn't wanna stop that leak..or they would've...it's like this countrys economy is "Catastrophy Driven"...1st it was 911 atack of the twin towers and btw...we're running out of oil!..lets go fight and take charge of other Oil Rich Nations...then?...it was "Storm Time"..oodles of folks making a living off of the Florida Hurricanes and then Katrina...Pharmacy Wars w/ Canada....Haliberton....Blackwater...Abu Graibe...and now?..we've brought the world "The Great Gulf Tar Pit"...now that we've cleaned up all the hurricane debris?..maybe they intend to put us all to work making and applying Oil Spill products...who knows...waaaaaay to crazy for me but i do know this..as usual in this country?..

sump'in ain't right. :banghead:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
if you used a "lead sleeve" or better yet?..sandcast/machined the entire plug out of lead?..it's maliable enough to create a leakproof seal just by forming under it's own weight.

And?..i've recieved several responses all saying my proposals won't work..which is utter bs...the funny part is just the other day myself and a couple engineers were laughing our azzs off watching the robotic diamond saw (that they at one point got stuck) cutting that pipe off just above...(get this)...a freaking bolted on flange! Lol!!!!!

Proving...either:

A. These guys are the dumbest pack of retards i've ever seen in action or?...

B. Somehow?..for god knows why?....this biblical environmental catastrophy is..."on purpose".

And at this point?...i'm thinking "they can't be this stupid" (it's impossible)..coupled with the initial "apathetic lack of urgency up front" attitude displayed by bp?....but yet the 3 of us stood there in the engineering dept. Watching it all happen real time on youtube not knowing wether to laugh or cry...at the gross stupidity on bp's part.

I'm done with this..they didn't wanna stop that leak..or they would've...it's like this countrys economy is "catastrophy driven"...1st it was 911 atack of the twin towers and btw...we're running out of oil!..lets go fight and take charge of other oil rich nations...then?...it was "storm time"..oodles of folks making a living off of the florida hurricanes and then katrina...pharmacy wars w/ canada....haliberton....blackwater...abu graibe...and now?..we've brought the world "the great gulf tar pit"...now that we've cleaned up all the hurricane debris?..maybe they intend to put us all to work making and applying oil spill products...who knows...waaaaaay to crazy for me but i do know this..as usual in this country?..

Sump'in ain't right. :banghead:

L8r, bill. :cool:

:beerchug:
:beerchug:

I watched a program called Free to Choose that was on PBS in 1980, hosted by the economist Milton Friedman.

In it, he interviews a guy that quit his job to pursue an idea he had for a substance that picked up oil out of water, the oil could then be squeezed out of the substance and both the oil and substance reused (to a point). He even demonstrated it with motor oil in a tub of water, and it worked well...

30 years later? Nothing. We're going to DISPERSE it, rather than collect it.

Bill, you're starting to see part of the greater picture, but you're not quite there. I don't know how much oil is involved here, how many barrels are pouring out per day, (I may have heard a number but I've forgotten it), but I refuse to believe it's cheaper for them to DISPERSE the oil, rather than collecting and selling it. Greed is the motivator here, but monetary gain is NOT the end goal.

EVERYONE works for a profit. That profit is not always monetary.

Back