Box in the mail. Undesided.

friend of mine has the hand pump for bleeding...should i use a might vac? i have air at da house so which is perferred? im stock height wit no risers so shouldnt be an issue....u jus run one line to each caliper right...from what i understand the new line dont mount like stock both come off resivoir down to each caliper right?

Yes. 1 line will be a little longer. That is the one that goes to the left caliper when sitting on the bike. You will use single banjo bolts on each caliper and a double banjo at resivor. You will need to use 3 copper crush washers at the resivor. One on each end of the banjo bolt and one in between the 2 lines.

PM me if you need help Rob

sweet thanx brendanp...gonna do soon...maybe dis weekend...gotta get some new pics up gots some new rubbers on her and lovein it....

yep..Brendan got it on post 3...

Better you find out now however than when you pull a wheelie and all the front brakes, well for lack of a better work... "break" :)

No wheelies for me. Just to clarify....if I have heli-bars and Galfer SS lines it will all fit but to be safe I should have went 1-2 inches longer?

make sure you have your fred flinston emergency breaking shoes on
:rofl:
Loni if you want to do it at the bash I would help you

don't you all hate "bolt-ons" that don't bolt on :laugh:

I've seen and heard of the wrong banjo bolts and cheapy aluminum washers but the length should be fine unless you've changed something to the OE setup. Sounds like a lot of risks that can wait until after the bash.

ok,,,,,,, could not wait....... thought i would try the back first....
Drained and removed line without a hitch...... great.....
install speed bleeder and hook up my new vaccum pump to empty both sides of caliper
,, open bleeder full turn....... pump pump pump..... holey crap........ 20inch of vaccum
what gives.... open another bleeder and hook up pump .... same thing????
advice? thoughts

bleeders and brakes 005.jpg

Now I see what you are saying. My bleeders from Cyclebrakes worked well. I got some from Speigler that did not. I wonder if some are bad?

have give it some though....max pressure at 29 inches is... roughly 14 psi....
spring must be too strong....
do you know estimated psi in a braking system?

have you tried putting it on and using just the lever?

or maybe the lever and the pump?

or just put on your oem bleeders....that what I ended up doing on my clutch and rear. Front has speed bleeders.

I have called Gsxerhp and he has cleared up a lot of grey areas......With the tricks of the trade.... thanks .....a heap
will get back at it in the morning.....

finshed the back brakes tonite.....happy with the install..not sure i have the braked bleeded well enough......
I used a piece of 1/2" washer hose and some shrink tube under back clip..... stock was just shrink tube....did the same at the loop on the inside of swing arm.
NOTE NO speed bleeders...lol

bleeders and brakes 001.jpg

bleeders and brakes 002.jpg

newlines.jpg

newlines2.jpg

newlines3.jpg

Last edited:
Back