Bought my first DSLR Camera today

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Happy Memorial Day to me :laugh:. So i was leaning towards the Canon t3i but ended up with the Nikon D5100. This is what changed my mind:
Canon T3i vs Nikon D5100

I can't wait to get it and start playing around with it. I am sure I will have a photoshoot with my bike when the time comes :thumbsup:
I should get the camera in about a week. I ordered it from Cameta Camera, a website for a business that is based out of New York. They have tons of kits they sell for good prices.

I got:

Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm G VR DX AF-S Zoom Lens
Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR DX AF-S ED Zoom-Nikkor Lens
Transcend 16GB SecureDigital Class 10 (SDHC)
Two UV filters for each lens
Lens hood for 18-55mm lens

Precision Design PD-57TR Photo/Video 57" Tripod with Case
Cleaning kit
3 piece filter kit (UV, CPL FLD)
353_25478_D5100_left.png

D5100_LCD_4_l.jpg

I have several friends with this camera ... they love it...

I have several friends with this camera ... they love it...

:thumbsup: Awesome. I don't think with either camera I would be disappointed, but this just seems to be the better overall plus the HDR feature, exactly what I want.

You will be very happy with that! Awesome first DSLR. :thumbsup: Plus, it is a great hobby that you can use to capture all your other hobbies. :beerchug:

I need to upgrade and get a real camera

Yeah I lost my sony camera (it was making noises and probably going to break anyday anyway) and decided instead of spending 300, I would spend significantly more and get something like this to last me for a decade or more and will not be obsolete in 4 years.

If you haven't already, your gonna love the swivel screen for overhead shots.:thumbsup:

Back