Bought a s/hand 99 hayabusa

fatboy

Registered
Hi everyone,bought a S/hand 99 Hayabusa and found oil leak behind front sprocket cover.Oil is leaking from gear change cover which has a small crack near the shifter shaft bearing housing.Does anyone know how I can remove this cover without removing the engine?I had a close look and it looks like the cover will not slide out over the shifter shaft without being obstructed by the frame.TIA.

Hi everyone,bought a S/hand 99 Hayabusa and found oil leak behind front sprocket cover.Oil is leaking from gear change cover which has a small crack near the shifter shaft bearing housing.Does anyone know how I can remove this cover without removing the engine?I had a close look and it looks like the cover will not slide out over the shifter shaft without being obstructed by the frame.TIA.
you can do it in the frame but you must loosen Motor mounts

Thats good news,so basically I can leave everything attached to the engine,exhaust,hoses wiring etc.Support engine and remove engine fasteners,remove sprocket cover and water pump and position engine to give clearance to facilitate gear selector cover removal.Thanks for the info.

Back