Oil leak

Busa 1340

Registered
Hi guys....got a problem that I hope someone out there can help me with. I have an 09 Busa which has developed an oil leak and I don't know where it is coming from.

I done an oil change and went for a ride. Found an oil leak when my bike is on the side stand dripping from left engine casing. On further investigation after removing air box found the oil coming from the tappet cover or somewhere in that area. Found one of the six allen key bolts was loose (left side) so have tightened this up. Put everything back together again, went for a ride and same thing happening, oil leaking.

Anybody have this problem before or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know about the Gen II but Gen I's have a tendency to leak from the swedge fittings on the oil lines on the front left side of the engine. It's a slow leak, but it gets your attention.

You said the "tappet cover", as in valve cover, is leaking.
I had an 08 B-King(same engine) that did the same thing. It was also clearly visible that's where I had a leak.
I just took the valve cover gasket out, cleaned it, and put it back with black rtv silicone on both sides.
I cleaned the valve cover and engine block so I could see any leaks after putting it back together.
It never leaked again.
I also tightened up loose valve cover bolts first as well.
I hoped that would fix the leak, but it didn't. I had to fix it as said above.

my 2000 had leak on left front , turned out to be the oil line to the top of cylinder,ordered a new 60 dollar hose, did a quick fix on the leaking one ,cut the 1\4 old hose out, clamped a 3\8 line right to the banjoe fittings, seams to be working, has anybody tried this, its only till thenew hose comes in,

Back