"Boring Bowl 42!!!"

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Was it JUST ME, or was the event a tad lack luster? The game was fine, good job by the teams, but,

- the ads sucked, ALMOST NOTHING entertaining to them. BUD delivered a couple I guess
- the commentators were too loud or maybe my speakers play their voice too loud, all through the game the constant YAMMERING... would have been nice to just hear the huge crowd roaring ALONE every now and then. I switched my stereo to SURROUND MODE which tone down center channel stuff, halfway through the game.
- sure to offend a few here, but... Tom Petty? nice, plain MOR AOR rock, American Classic, yadda yadda yadda zzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz Britney Spears doing an "I've lost my mind" tour would have been much more entertaining
- WHERE'S THE CHEERLEADERS? ? ? ? I think I saw one partial pan across their backs ONCE. yawn

The whole thing seemed a little anticlimactic overall compared to other years.

I DID Enjoy:

- HiDef! Yeah! They must have had 50+ cameras ALL HD, and it looked fantastic. I was ON THE FIELD with them
- the overhead flying cam. I love that thing! Can't get enough of those shots. They should use 3 or 4 of those.... but time to replace the HD cam in it. It's looking a little rough.
- again, the GAME part was good fun.

Still not sure how they stretch 15 minutes into 50, but that's always like that. And I always dread the "Lets call time out 200 times and measure every millimeter every 30 seconds so the game feels totally stopped" syndrome, but that didn't seem to happen.

Wondered if I was the only one not thrilled overall? It's "TV" darn it! ENTERTAIN ME when I'm looking at ya!!!
smile.gif

Word around here is money used for past superbowl commercials went to Super Tuesday instead.

I think they're still scared from the "wardrobe malfunction", it seemed after that, it all toned down tremendously, less cheerleader shots, more laid back halftime shows, less edgy / racey commercials. good clean game though, with a great ending
beerchug.gif

I thought it was a very even game and I'm glad the Pats lost !! GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it was like watching paint dry at times, never did care to be continuously force fed even superbowl commercials. Ended up messing around on the computer and kinda had the game going in the background until the last half of the last quarter.

Back