Boots, need some input on new pair

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
I'm currently shopping and in the market for new set of riding boots. I'm looking for more of a race boot to go with my leather track pants. I've narrowed my choices down to three that I like the best so far, Alpinestars, Sidi and TCX. Each have several models that I like and are priced at or about what I'm looking to spend (Under 300)

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I'm also willing to look at other brands if there is a good enough reason that one is better than the other.

Vertigo or Corsa Air by Sidi...

Thanks for the input, the Vertigo was my first pick to be honest about it. I had never owned any of the brands and wasn't sure who made the better boot.

How does Sidi run on sizes, are they fairly close to other shoes/boots or do I need to order bigger or smaller to ensure a good fit?

my last pair ran pretty true... with any boot, you are best to make sure they have a liberal return/exchange policy.. most will let you return/exchange "UNUSED" boots for a different size.. NewEnough.com does this I know for sure..

Might want to check with some board sponsors and see what they can do... usually the best bang for the buck if you can find what you want.. :)

I went through three pairs of SIDI boots before I found the right fit/style.
I shopped at NewEnough and they credited 110% for the boots I returned.

I ended up with the Strada Air boots, and they are awesome.

This is my rule of thumb when it comes to ordering boots man I normally do a half or one size larger than I normally wear just allow for room for a good pair of socks. My Oxstars are a 1/2 size bigger than I normaly wear. My next boots are going to be a set of Sidi's just because they have a great set up for support, and ankle protection.

I did a fair amount of research before buying my first pair, and I bought Sidi.
Not cheap, but if I ever break my ankle again, I'll likely never walk again, so the extra $100 is definitely worth it to me.

well, as they say, nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good! Thanks for all the input guys, I do appreciate it and it has helped me make up my mind. :beerchug:

Sidi's

869657413002cb2e9cc5eada071d0e5e_rough.jpg

I know all the talk about "socks" I have tried a new strategy as of late..

I have parked my regular boot socks and gone to an ankle high athletic sock..

Now before anyone goes bonkers....I know sounds nuts for a boot but with my Teknic pant it works great... the sock hits the leather pant line and so just about an inch of overlap and they stayed put for 4 days of riding...

they were more comfortable for me and easier to get my boots/pants/socks on...

Back