Bob costas really said this on national tv???

Mine hasn't killed anything but paper targets and my wallet. Maybe it's defective? :dunno:

image-391278049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-391278049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I have a gun safe. Just imagine if they weren't locked up, and were free to roam the streets. You know... since guns kill people. :banghead:

the fact is its easier for many to just pull a trigger then beat someone with a bat or stab them. sure there are many other ways he could have killed her and himself but the chances are it would not have happen if he had to stab her or beat her to death and its even less likely if he was going to kill himself. I just dont see him walking up to his coach and slitting his own throat or stabbing himself in the heart.

imo he would have never killed himself if he hadnt shot his girlfriend first. shooting his girlfriend was what made him want to kill himself knowing he was going to jail for the rest of his life. he shot his girlfriend in rage likely over her telling him he she was leaving him or cheated on him or whatever. most people just wont stab someone or beat them to death. statistically stabbing or beating someone to death is very low.

it doesnt mean he would not have stabbed or beat her but chances are both would still be alive if he hadnt had a gun at his disposal. but then again the argument could be made for many other people who have used a gun to defend their life or anothers and if they hadnt had a gun to do so they would be dead but that's almost always to defend against someone else who has a gun.

too little too late. too many guns in circulation to matter now and in states that have very strict gun laws the rate of gun death doesnt seem to be any lower then those states with liberal gun laws.

If only they could just make murder illegal, that would solve everything...

the fact is its easier for many to just pull a trigger then beat someone with a bat or stab them. sure there are many other ways he could have killed her and himself but the chances are it would not have happen if he had to stab her or beat her to death and its even less likely if he was going to kill himself. I just dont see him walking up to his coach and slitting his own throat or stabbing himself in the heart.

imo he would have never killed himself if he hadnt shot his girlfriend first. shooting his girlfriend was what made him want to kill himself knowing he was going to jail for the rest of his life. he shot his girlfriend in rage likely over her telling him he she was leaving him or cheated on him or whatever. most people just wont stab someone or beat them to death. statistically stabbing or beating someone to death is very low.

it doesnt mean he would not have stabbed or beat her but chances are both would still be alive if he hadnt had a gun at his disposal. but then again the argument could be made for many other people who have used a gun to defend their life or anothers and if they hadnt had a gun to do so they would be dead but that's almost always to defend against someone else who has a gun.

too little too late. too many guns in circulation to matter now and in states that have very strict gun laws the rate of gun death doesnt seem to be any lower then those states with liberal gun laws.

He coudlve very well shot her by accident. A local guy killed himself recently by playing with a gun thinking it was unloaded. I've seen some very stupid crap happen with guns, I agree with a point in your post as well, guns do embolden people, without a gun alot of crime wouldnt happen (i.e. With a knife etc). But I've seen a guy get held up with a bow and arrow. My cousin got jumped for being white last week, at the end of the day, when theres those that have and have not, there will be those willing to take. All we can do is try to protect ourselves, this leads to another problem though, the mentality of people that carry and then become oblivious or overly defensive, which honestly seems to be almost everyone I know that carries.

Its always someone jumping on that band wagon about gun being bad. I saw this and got so mad over it and if he could have heard what I was saying he would have been real upset. My wife is a Cowboys fan and of course I got stuck with watching the rest of the game. :banghead: The thing that gets me about the media is you never here about all the times guns save people. I have never had any of my guns jump up and shoot anyone. Honestly I do not think she would be alive if he didn't have a gun. If he was that mad I think it would have happened anyway. JMO

the mentality of people that carry and then become oblivious or overly defensive, which honestly seems to be almost everyone I know that carries.

I'm quite the opposite. When I carry, I drive better, am far less confrontational with people, and all around I think I just act "smarter." I don't want to go to jail for anything, and in the city of Milwaukee, your chances of getting arrested quadruple if you have a firearm on you. Legal or not.. Very anti-gun city/county.

The only thing carrying does mentally for me is makes me more "aware" of my surroundings. It doesn't give me super powers..

Would he have said same thing if the guy beat her to death with a bat and then jumped off a balcony?

"Oh we must ban bats and put fences up on every balcony to prevent these acts"

Nnnnnnnnnope!

Come on Blanca, we all know bats and balconies don't kill people, people kill people :laugh:

I'm quite the opposite. When I carry, I drive better, am far less confrontational with people, and all around I think I just act "smarter." I don't want to go to jail for anything, and in the city of Milwaukee, your chances of getting arrested quadruple if you have a firearm on you. Legal or not.. Very anti-gun city/county.

The only thing carrying does mentally for me is makes me more "aware" of my surroundings. It doesn't give me super powers..

Only moon pies can give you super powers. Do you concealed moon pie carry?

Terrible tragedy but I dont think whether he had a gun or not would matter. He was a professional NFL player, 1 of the biggest fastest strongest men on the planet. Ever see an NFL player in real life those guys are jacked!! They make the biggest guy in your local gym look like Pee Wee Herman. The gun made it easier but he could have done it with his bare hands.

Whitlocks been writing trash like that forever in this town.

It just a poor attempt to deflect responsiblity from the KILLER to the MEANS. All these pro sports players are put on a pedestal (so that we will WORSHIP/WATCH/PAY) them.

"It's not HIS fault, it's the GUN's"

Back