Bob costas really said this on national tv???

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
i didnt see this live but i would damn sure stop watching the game if i did.

I actually don't disagree with what he said. But I was laughing that he was talking about violence with the most violent game around going on in the background. If you have ever known a professional football player you know the bodily destruction they endure to entertain us. People gamble on the games, all sorts of social evils result. Hypocritical you think?:laugh:

When you look at one particular incident it's easy to make your argument for and against guns look and sound good. What he needs to do is shut the hell up get out of the way people are trying to watch a game. That is why put that channel on at that time :banghead:

Come on guys, we all know gun control will keep guns from the ones that want 'em :laugh:

Would he have said same thing if the guy beat her to death with a bat and then jumped off a balcony?

"Oh we must ban bats and put fences up on every balcony to prevent these acts"

Nnnnnnnnnope!

That is just stupid. The fact is the guy killed his girlfriend, mother of his 3 month old child and then killed himself. Just happened to be a gun that he used. Could have been a knife, poison or a freaking candle stick!

Quite frankly - I've been shocked by all the media coverage. You'd think they got killed by a out of control bus or something. How deferential can the media be? Oh, he thanked the GM and Coach so he not really that bad a guy... This guy should be villiafied and held up as the poster child for all that's wrong with our society. He had it all! He could of walked away! He could have worked it out! I'm angry - I hope he burns in hell - God bless him. Tragic!

My 9mm hand gun sure did enhance my safety when some jackass broke into my garage and then tried to get into my house. It enhanced the safety of my wife, mother and the rest of my family pretty well. It also held the burglar on the ground until the sheriff arrived.

I am pro guns, because they enhance safety if used by a competent person. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons." - Antonio Meloni.

He was just reading what someone else wrote about the incident. He said he agreed with the last part "If he didn't have a gun, he and his girlfriend would be alive today" Pretty hard to dispute that.

He was just reading what someone else wrote about the incident. He said he agreed with the last part "If he didn't have a gun, he and his girlfriend would be alive today" Pretty hard to dispute that.

I've got a gun and I'm still alive, maybe my gun just isn't as homicidal as his was. :laugh:

I see this thread turning into an arguement :whistle:

Back