BMC race?

davek0605

Registered
I have a 01' with a full micron system and PC3 USB. I am going back for another dyno tune(250 load control dyno jet). I need a new filter and thought might as well get BMC race filter since it's getting remapped. Do you guys think any noticable gain will be possible. Bike made 161 hp & 99 ft.lbs. I am going back to same dyno. Thanks for your input

(davek0605 @ Jul. 23 2007,19:30) I have a 01' with a full micron system and PC3 USB.  I am going back for another dyno tune(250 load control dyno jet). I need a new filter and thought might as well get BMC race filter since it's getting remapped. Do you guys think any noticable gain will be possible. Bike made 161 hp & 99 ft.lbs.   I am going back to same dyno. Thanks for your input
I put on an BMC street and noticed a sharper throttle response and it seemed to pull a little harder up top. The race version flows a little better but doesn't filter as well.

I run about the same setup you have. I run the race. It has 4 layers of filtering material. The street version has 6 layers.

i have a bmc race, the bike needs remapping if you use it. you can see right through the filter, it flows!

I use the BMC Race also, but never ran the stck filter so i can't tell ya if there was a difference. All teh mods we're done to my bike before it was ever riden. I did the break in with all mods done till 500-600 miles, then i Dyno'd it.

I am remapping because of lean surge at smaller throttle opening. The p.c. was mapped perfect, but I had different gas in the bike(no ethanol/reformulated b.s.). When I refueled in my area, the bike did not run the same. In the chicago area gasoline is reformulated with up to 10% ethanol. Lesson learned. I will trailer my bike(with gas I normally run) to get remapped this time.

Good point dave. I have even seen some differences in gas from station to station while monitoring the A/F on my bike. Not major but a difference I can see in the logs.

(The Big Red One @ Jul. 23 2007,22:54)
(davek0605 @ Jul. 23 2007,19:30) I have a 01' with a full micron system and PC3 USB. I am going back for another dyno tune(250 load control dyno jet). I need a new filter and thought might as well get BMC race filter since it's getting remapped. Do you guys think any noticable gain will be possible. Bike made 161 hp & 99 ft.lbs. I am going back to same dyno. Thanks for your input
I put on an BMC street and noticed a sharper throttle response and it seemed to pull a little harder up top. The race version flows a little better but doesn't filter as well.
I recently installed this filter and that was my seat-of-the-pants impression.
biggrin.gif

Back