BMC Race Filter in Southwest

04Duramax

Registered
So I tried the search option and couldn't find the exact info I was looking for. Basically I am wondering if anyone in the Southwest (or any desert region) is running a BMC Race filter and if so have you had any problems with dust ect. I need to replace the filter on my bike (stocker is getting pretty dirty) and was thinking of going with the BMC race.... but an slightly gun shy due to the weather and dusty conditions here in AZ.

Also would I have to re-map my bike if I add on a high flow filter since I just have slip-on exhaust? Thanks!

With just slip-ons and filter, stock ECU map will do just fine. I am in SoCal and have no problems running the BMC Race (probably not as dusty as your area)
P.S. I have a used K&N filter for sale :)

Thanks for the input kromdom... I can't believe that no one else has any input on this.. ???

Since installing mine I have assumed the cleaning detail quite a bit more regularly as it tends to get dirtier quicker. I can only imagine it would be worse in your area. You just have to keep on top of it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input kromdom... I can't believe that no one else has any input on this.. ???

Here's some thoughts . I like the BMC Race filter for the GenII , would prefer it over all others where i live . Thing is the regular one would do a better all around job where you live - design for the application thing cause two are available. If the weather ,< dust > was predictable it would be one thing but it's not . High rpm gas engines don't like dirt ingestion. I'd be on the safe side about it if not using oil analysis in a predictive sense but you can't cause of the weather. If you did ,results might just say it's too late .

The Busa does alot of things well , not perfect for all vs how the Gixxer 1k will kill it on more narrow focused duties kinda thing, like a road race track. Which tool do i use for the job ?

Maybe i'm off on this. Can dust amounts in the air and seasonal be somewhat predictable where you live ? If you did use the race filter , might want to clean it really often like, after every ride . Depends on miles per ride, conditions ect. Just stay on top of it and monitor or be on the safe side and still monitor .

So I tried the search option and couldn't find the exact info I was looking for. Basically I am wondering if anyone in the Southwest (or any desert region) is running a BMC Race filter and if so have you had any problems with dust ect. I need to replace the filter on my bike (stocker is getting pretty dirty) and was thinking of going with the BMC race.... but an slightly gun shy due to the weather and dusty conditions here in AZ.

Also would I have to re-map my bike if I add on a high flow filter since I just have slip-on exhaust? Thanks!

The GREAT thing about aftermarket filters is that they let in more air; but remember that with more air you get MORE DUST!
I lived in the central valley of California for a few years, and dust is a big problem there as well. Dust/dirt is not a big problem for an engine that goes to starbucks once a week, but if you put more than a few miles on the bike in a week I would highly recommend sticking with OEM filters. As someone said....HP gains are insignificant with slip ons and race filter. Definitely NOT worth the extra crap that WILL be ingested into your cylinders.

Back