Bluetooth kits?

Blacksmith

Registered
On gents I've been looking at bluetooth kits and reading reviews and am kinda settling on Sena but I'd like to have suggestions from my Busa Bros. What do ya'll prefer and why? I do want to be able to talk to other riders but not 36 of them so the small intercom setups are fine. I'd also like to have a fairly small/slim kit as long as it still sounds good. So whatcha think? Thanks

I have the Sena 20S and had the SMH10 previously. I think the sound quality is pretty good on the 20S. Definitely better than the SMH10, but I haven’t used any other systems for comparison. I’ve found the connectivity distance for the intercoms to be very poor on the 20S. One curve in the road and it cuts out and even in a straight line you can’t be very far apart. The SMH10 was better in this capacity. I’ll probably try another brand next time.

On gents I've been looking at bluetooth kits and reading reviews and am kinda settling on Sena but I'd like to have suggestions from my Busa Bros. What do ya'll prefer and why? I do want to be able to talk to other riders but not 36 of them so the small intercom setups are fine. I'd also like to have a fairly small/slim kit as long as it still sounds good. So whatcha think? Thanks
I've used chatterbox that was made to fit into my hjc modular helmet and can tell you to stay away as the sound is horrible and does nothing for noise cancellation. I have a sena smh10r on one helmet I've been using for the last year and really like it. Sound isn't bad and definitely better then the chatterbox all around, slim control on the side of the helmet and a battery that you mount on the back which is kind of nice because I was able to carry extra batteries in case it died which was usually only if I forgot to charge it(made it from Detroit to Knoxville in one battery ). I just purchased the bell qualifier deluxe that @JINKSTER did a write up on and bought the sena smh10 that fits into the side and it is working good, helmets a little louder which makes hearing a little more difficult at triple digits but still manageable. One thing I don't like is it only had the boom mic unlike the smh10r which had the boom as an option or the button mic that I much preferred and used. I know the sena has universal intercom in case you have someone with a different style so you can still link up but my experience has been most riders I run into usually had a sena as they seem the most common, around my area anyway.

Cardo Packtalk bold or slim. Superior sound to the SENA, waterproof, easy reliable voice commands. I also have a SENA 20, 20S, & 30K. Cardo is better sound wise.

Eye 2nd that opinion :beerchug:

I’m running the Cardo Slim and I’m very pleased with it. Arch recommended it a while back and it doesn’t disappoint. I can hear everything clearly and communicate even while riding on my loud azz Harley!!!

I use a Sena 10C. Sound is great. Video quality is excellent. Battery is debatable.

I'm probably going to switch to Cardo.
Video? Yeah i'm thinking the Cardo looks too have better features just don't know if I'll use them all

Video? Yeah i'm thinking the Cardo looks too have better features just don't know if I'll use them all

I do want to be clear though. I've been getting the run around for the release date of Senas new camera and I've already paid a deposit on it. Since they are unable to provide me what I paid for or answer release date questions, I am going a different route.

I love my current Sena 10C for the reasons listed above. However, I am going to order a Revl camera and switch to a different bluetooth setup.

I use the Scala Rider Freecom 2. Automatically pairs to my phone within seconds, excellent volume and easy to work buttons.

There are large speakers available for BT. I paid like $70 a pair. Have to gouge a little of foam in the helmet and no bid deal to do. Well worth the price and good full range.

I've done a ton of research on ALL the BT systems out there and for the tech and accessories you get, Sena 10R is the best bang for the buck, except for the speakers. The 10R is real slim profile. When your going the speeds we go, any extra drag is felt and pulls on your helmet. Wind tunnels prove it. At 170 mph, the drag on the bike is what is important. That's why a Kawasaki 1400 with 25 more hp is slower than the Busa, it's been proven. Aerodynamics. They all pretty much have weak speakers. When your going 80-100 all the time even with you need good speakers. Did I say you need good speakers? I'm not deaf either.

I went Sunday and got the Cardo Packtalk bold installed. I'd rather have the slim but the bold has more features and the battery placement on the slim seemed like it was going to be hitting the back of my neck when I'm tucked in tight. (What I call tight, I doubt I can do it like you long term boys can but it does put the back of the helmet right on my neck.) I haven't had time to get the voice control activated so no triple digit testing yet but at 80 I could hear fine and she said she could hear the bike but very little wind noise. So far I'm pretty happy but I do wish the music was louder. Paradise City has to be heard with all the volume one can tolerate...!

Reviving the thread a bit. Recently upgraded my phone. It now has three cameras on it and i don't want to risk damaging the cameras by having it mounted on the bike. I've been using a SENA SMH 10 for years now and it has worked decent. Have been thinking about getting a Cardo 2X for the JBL speakers and to have a modern helmet comm that will be able to do a bit more. Thoughts?

Just got a new helmet (SHOEI RF-1400) and added the Sena 50R with Harmon Kardon speaker system. Didn't do any research on it just got a good deal with bike purchase. Have tried it out in the house and sounds pretty good and will provide an update once I go out on the bike.

Reviving the thread a bit. Recently upgraded my phone. It now has three cameras on it and i don't want to risk damaging the cameras by having it mounted on the bike. I've been using a SENA SMH 10 for years now and it has worked decent. Have been thinking about getting a Cardo 2X for the JBL speakers and to have a modern helmet comm that will be able to do a bit more. Thoughts?
If you are in the market for a Cardo Black, let me know. :)

Just got a new helmet (SHOEI RF-1400) and added the Sena 50R with Harmon Kardon speaker system. Didn't do any research on it just got a good deal with bike purchase. Have tried it out in the house and sounds pretty good and will provide an update once I go out on the bike.
Do they have a Harmon kardon speaker setup for the 50? I have a 30k and we tried ordering the jbl speakers they said would fit but of course they didn't and I found the "hd" sena speakers sucked. They sound good sitting in the house but with the high def turned on they don't go as loud as the original speakers and I was buying them in hopes they would be louder.

Back