Bluegauges problem?

Youkai

Registered
I have noticed that my bluegauges background lights will flicker while I am idle in gear/neutral. When any amount of throttle is applied, the light stays constant. Is this normal? I can understand the generator output is lower when at idle, but still I don't think it should matter.

The race:

Had a 69 Camaro Z28, black with white stripes race me today. It had drags out back, skinnies up front, a cowl hood, and I believe I smelled race gas. Started on a 20-30 roll, had 2 1/2 cars on him by mid 2nd gear. I gave him a thumbs up on the car before we raced. Ah I love some things about Detroit.

What is idle? 1150 or better?

Mine don't flicker. They do however make a frequency humm if on the high setting. I keep them on low and all is well.

My idle is set at 1500 rpms, I will recheck the wiring to make sure nothing is loose. I believe I have them set on low as well.

Call bluegauges
all_coholic.gif

Mine are starting to flicker also...sometimes I don't even have gauge lights. However, I have ruled it down to the switch where you adjust hte brightness, after playing around with it. I contacted Scott at blue gauges and asked if they sold one he said they sell the switch and fuse block for 20.

Back