Blinker Issues

Figured out a couple of things on this new to me 06 Busa that I picked up last week.
I found the front signals not working and upon further investigation, realized they weren't even plugged in. They are "clear alternatives" led signals. There's a hot wire dangling inside on the left side of the fairing so I imagine that's the power to it.
The question is, what's missing from this? There's no backside or wiring attachment visible here. Is this how they're supposed to look???

It's seemingly a big undertaking to do this. I think the front fairing needs to come off as well as the air ducts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, the socket looking things were tucked into the blinker housing, free floating, but tucked in. I had pulled them out to see what was going on.

IMG01030-20091212-1507.jpg

Last edited:
Those are wireless signals.
Work on Radio waves. :whistle:

I have them on the rear, not familiar with the front.
On the rear they need power and a resistor, to keep the flash rate down.
Try their website, they may have some tech help.
To me it looks like the old owner took the old bulb bottoms (broke out the glass) and glued the wires in there to seal them?
Doesn't look like a needed part to me.

I just did mine with some cheap volar smoked lens. For the stock bulp theirs a rubber housing that goes around the bulp socket. It locks into the rim of the hole in the back of the reflector assembly(very simple tab style lock). Yours look a lot different. I'm not sure what those 2 cup looking things at the end of each wire is? mike1180 says their ?wireless? um ok

Those two wires you pulled out would go into the Busa wiring harness just like a regular light bulb would. Hopefully your wiring harness is still correct and you will see what I'm talking about. If not post up a picture of your wiring harness and I'm sure we can help you.

A friend of mine came by who's owned his own auto mechanic shop for 30 + years came by and solved everything today. The previous owner had cut and discarded part of the wiring harness so there was nothing to plug anything into. I didn't imagine someone would actually chop off part of the electrical system... but oh well. He fabricated a new one and a couple hours later, I was blinking away.

Back