Blanca is this close to what you were thinking about?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Let me know if this is close.. I didn't use hinges because that is a lot of weight with leverage when lifting it up. I decided to just make the lid where you could take it off and set it to the side.. With all of the cut outs there is no way that the top will slide off but yet you just lift up and you can set it to the side...

KNG_9807-sized.jpg

KNG_9808-sized.jpg

KNG_9809-sized.jpg

KNG_9810-sized.jpg

KNG_9811-sized.jpg

KNG_9807-sized.jpg

KNG_9808-sized.jpg

KNG_9809-sized.jpg

KNG_9810-sized.jpg

KNG_9811-sized.jpg

Whys it got your name on it? Stealing my idea eh? :laugh:
Knew I should have patented it first :banghead:

Yes very close to image in ma hed. Maybe wider so you can put some sort of little piece of wood made to hold sunglasses/protective glasses? Even just a piece with a hole in it so I can hang them or place them in there? Maybe a little 2x6 tray for keys high up inside on a side? You say it won't slide off but will it slide off side to side if bumped? Can you figure a simple way to keep it from doing that? Maybe just use some little pieces of wood glued to outside lower corners and top side corners to keep aligned? on the top maybe put same thing you do on the member sprockets, on sides can I send you a couple images, on the front maybe a Kanji?
I'd like some sort of padding inside on bottom at least?

But yes! Dang that's a wooden helmet box! Looks great. Done up with some laser burnt images on the sides.
Couple Hayabusa.orgs here or there? Or maybe Hayabusa.org repetitive all around the bottom?

Just thinking out loud...

You say it won't slide off but will it slide off side to side if bumped?

I'ts wont come off, the top is locked on the outside and the bottom has cutouts that keep it from moving.

I could probably put some kind of little shelf or something in there but it wont be very big..

How does it lock on? I see that the irregular cutout fashion would keep it from sliding forward off but what aligns it sideways? I'm thinking one in each corner, the two lower fronts and top back on inside you put some alignment tabs so it sets on properly and stays put? And if you make it either wider or taller there would be space for a little shelf. Really maybe a tray with a lip so whatever's in there won't slide/come out? You can put tray on inside of one side or high up inside on back over helmet?

No response on images because I'm pretty sure from exp you can put whatever I want on sides, top and front correct?

How does it lock on? I see that the irregular cutout fashion would keep it from sliding forward off but what aligns it sideways?

Look at the last picture on the bottom front there is also a cut section that would keep it from moving left to right. The top sets on first and it is a little wider than the back by design so the top can't slide off left to right either...

You could use support lifts like an SUV tailgate to help the weight if you use hinges. :laugh: Just an idea if you really want to get creative.

Ok so forget Addtl securing. Can you see what I'm seeing regarding tray?
Of course makers name and date need to go on bottom :thumbsup:

Back