Blagojevich Ousted

It's amazing how far we as Americans let rapacious egomaniacs get with us.

I hope your new governor does your state right!

Best quote from the story posted

"We have this thing called impeachment and it's bleeping golden and we've used it the right way," Democratic Sen. James Meeks of Chicago said during the debate, mocking Blagojevich's expletive-laden words as captured by the FBI on a wiretap.

Sometimes a dose of one's own medicine is the right prescription. :thumbsup:

It's amazing how far we as Americans let rapacious egomaniacs get with us.

I hope your new governor does your state right!

He has made some good comments in my opinion. He seems like he is looking to clean things up. We can only hope he does a good job, has to be better than what Blago did for us!

it is easy to feel righteous indignation but I feel sad instead... I am thinking he is more the norm than the exception in politics..

The people of that state elected him, they were told much of what was wrong with him and yet he slid right into office... hell half his relatives are in office in the state too..

This is so often the case which is really sad.. Someone posted a list of the indictments as well as convictions etc of all the seated Senators etc and the list was at best disgusting...

All hail the new chief... And good luck IL.

It will get real interesting now. I can't wait until the criminal trial moves forward. If he works out a deal with the feds and starts singing it will get real interesting real fast!

I will not be surprised if he doesn't show up dead somewhere. He has the key to take down a lot of powerful people and we know what some powerful people will do to keep that power.

it is easy to feel righteous indignation but I feel sad instead... I am thinking he is more the norm than the exception in politics..

The people of that state elected him, they were told much of what was wrong with him and yet he slid right into office... hell half his relatives are in office in the state too..

This is so often the case which is really sad.. Someone posted a list of the indictments as well as convictions etc of all the seated Senators etc and the list was at best disgusting...

All hail the new chief... And good luck IL.

I agree completely with most of that. I don't so much feel saddened but I do believe he is more of the norm rather than exception in politics, he's just one of the ones that got caught.

Congratulations!!!

It's indeed a happy day for IL. You guys deserve all the good stuff that comes your way.

:beerchug:

Good. Now, they need to proceed with the criminal trail let's see if they have same guts to throw his Azz in jail where he belongs...be some guys biatch for awhile...

It will get real interesting now. I can't wait until the criminal trial moves forward. If he works out a deal with the feds and starts singing it will get real interesting real fast!

I will not be surprised if he doesn't show up dead somewhere. He has the key to take down a lot of powerful people and we know what some powerful people will do to keep that power.
either an accident, suicide, home invasion or he is going to get really stinking rich and walk...

Maybe he'll go out like the guy at the end of Fargo, in the motel room screaming and clawing...:rofl: I'd pay to see that!:thumbsup:

I'm just interested in how the people of IL feel about his trail. Are they glad he's gone? At least here in New York, or GOV left due to his "extra-curricular" activities. I guess you could call that "seeling your seat"! LOL:moon:

I'm just interested in how the people of IL feel about his trail. Are they glad he's gone? At least here in New York, or GOV left due to his "extra-curricular" activities. I guess you could call that "seeling your seat"! LOL:moon:

I can't speak for the rest of the state, especially Chicago, but he was not liked in any way downstate. As for his trial it was done according to the state constitution. He had his opportunity to respond and call witnesses, he made no effort to do so but instead went to NY to make all of his media appearances. Even his own attorney quit him, that has to tell you something in itself. I've yet to hear anyone in my area claim he was railroaded, instead it's more like a party atmosphere right now.

Back