Blade lever clutch problem

darkbusa

Registered
I just installed new set of blade lever on my busa 2011, the clucth lever i ready installed 10 time and always when i put the bike on 1st or any gear the bike still holding the clutch a litlle.....
Any sugestion i dont want to damage my clucth.............

Change your clutch. The lever isn't the problem unless you overtightened the pivot bolt

Did this problem start after installing the new levers?
How many miles on the 2011?

Replace the clutch is bad advice since it seems this problem started after the new lever install

I thought it said 2001, not 2011, my bad. Why am I reading things wrong today?

I just installed new set of blade lever on my busa 2011, the clucth lever i ready installed 10 time and always when i put the bike on 1st or any gear the bike still holding the clutch a litlle.....
Any sugestion i dont want to damage my clucth.............

BUMP !! For someone to help out our friend with a rather strange issue for such a relatively new busa.

If you still have the original levers try putting on the original clutch lever and see if this fixes the problem.

If it does then you simply have a lever installation / adjustment issue that you need to sort out.

It is highly unlikely that you have a "mechanical" clutch problem with your busa as they typically last for many years.....

Make sure all the inserts and pivots are the same between the two, compare the two, its a lever issue, my fp levers don't l work on the lower settings either

Sounds like installer error here.
Take it all back apart and reassble. Make sure the lever returns back to its full home position.
If it has an adjuster adjust it all the way out.
Make sure the plunger isnt binding and is installed properly.
Do you have the plunger installed properly into the brass barrel?

Sounds like installer error here.
Take it all back apart and reassble. Make sure the lever returns back to its full home position.
If it has an adjuster adjust it all the way out.
Make sure the plunger isnt binding and is installed properly.
Do you have the plunger installed properly into the brass barrel?

Great advise !

If he follows these instructions he can't go wrong..........CAN HE ??? :laugh:

Back