Black Pipes

JB Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know of any company that makes black pipes for the Busa.

I would like to make the entire Busa 2 colors Orange or Black. No chrome, no silver.

In addition, anyone black out the other pieces like the brackets below the seat? How did you do it? Paint? Powder coat?

I'd powdercoat any metal parts you want black.  I think there ARE black mid-pipes from some years.  Powder is a lot more durable.

There is a guy on the board with an '03 limited that has a lot blacked out too.  I can't remember his name, but here's his bike.  He's got a fat tire kit on the back.

If I remember correctly my buddies '01 has black mids cause i remember him trying to get some silver/stainless ones instead. Check this out:
http://www.bikez.com/bike/pictureonly?id=4340

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122007283 -->

untitled1.jpg

I guess I may have read that wrong. If you want black pipes (mufflers), there are lots out there in carbon fiber, and a few others in black. As for the mid pipes, the part before the can, certain years had black. If you just paint your like Postal, make sure you use some type of paint/coating that can handle high heat.

I want mids black. Which I believe I will have ceramic coated.

As far as the other parts I was thinking powder or maybe the ceramic since 1 part or 5 usually doesn't make much of a price difference.

thebbbusa - Thanks for the pictures. I like the Orange with the black.

I'd think you could find someone on the board to swap out mids for you. That'd be the cheapest way to go for that. There's gotta be someone out there who wants the stainless ones and would do a trade. Good luck!

I got a set of stock all black just sitting in my basement from an '01 busa. I bought a full system off of ebay when I scratched up a can. It was cheaper to just by this whole set. Name your price (way cheap) and pay shipping and they are yours.

I guess I may have read that wrong.  If you want black pipes  (mufflers), there are lots out there in carbon fiber, and a few others in black.  As for the mid pipes, the part before the can, certain years had black.  If you just paint your like Postal, make sure you use some type of paint/coating that can handle high heat.
Yep! Good advice. I used header paint.

P.

try header paint or ( high heat ) +500 .. I did ..it came out ok .. powdercoating or ..jetcoating would be better ... but the hassle and wait ... would be a pain.

busa2.jpg

Do Jet-Hot Ceramic Coating its what I did looks awesome and runs cool as hell. I also had the headers Jet -Hot Coated....

Busa_Rear___3.JPG

BWall... I'm looking at doing the same, PM or email me what you think shipping to 94044 would run and I'll double it for you, if that is a good offer for the Mid pipes only.

BWall...  I'm looking at doing the same, PM or email me what you think shipping to 94044 would run and I'll double it for you, if that is a good offer for the Mid pipes only.
Hey,

I worked all weekend and just got to look at the pipes. On the black pipes only one of the mid pipes is made to come off. The other side is solid all the way down. If you want them you would have to take the whole header. Are you still interested?

Joe

Back