Billet Triple Install

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Ordered a billet triple for my Busa...
Any pointers on the install?

The directions state:
"
Before doing anything you will need to take the weight off the front end.
A front end stand that goes under the frame will work great.
Don't forget to use a rear stand first.
"

I do not have stands for my bike.
I do however have a standard 2-ton floor jack.

Any suggestions?

Should I go somewhere that has stands?
Or will a well placed floor jack do the job?

Thanks,
Cecil

Dude I put mine on with only the rear stand to keep it balanced. I recommend getting the rear stand. Borrow one if you have to. Definitely makes the task much easier.

You can do it with the floor jack a block of wood under the oil pan with the farings off use the rear stand as stated above and be very careful I put mine on its side dickin around with a floor jack.

Definitely use a rear stand to balance. Then, as stated before, remove the side fairings and use a block of wood under the oil pan to slightly lift the bike. I'm assuming that you're installing the "lowering" triple tree cover. I used this exact technique. I lifted the bike enough with the floor jack to take some compression off the front wheel, then I loosened all the necessary bolts to allow the fork tubes to move freely. I then lowered the jack slowle until I got the height that I wanted, and then just simply re-tightened all the bolts. Was a pretty simple job to do, and I did it all by my lonesome...
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Brian

Depends on how familiar you are with all the screws that need to be loosened to be quite honest. Once you're familiar, then my best guess is that it should take no longer than 30 or 40 mins. from beginning to end. Good luck! And if you need any pointers, don't hesitate to PM or email me.
cool.gif

Brian

Back