Biketoberfest

E Zurcher

Registered
A Couple of co-workers and I are planning to attend this Fall. Anyone have any suggestions, hints, warnings?

Be prepared for traffic. Oh and drunks and don't expect to ride to much as there's to much traffic. Bring money and a camera :p

I went once and it was ok. So many people.

Hope you enjoy yourself

Never been, I'm sure you'll have a blast , think big about security. The crew I went to bike week with stayed about 30 minutes North of Daytona in a gated community with security.

I used to go to Bike Week and Biketoberfest every year when I lived in Florida. Please watch for traffic, keep bike security in mind, and whatever else you do, do not excessively rev your stuff....Daytona Beach has a noise ordinance and it is $trictly enforced. I always enjoyed Biketoberfest as it is usually not as crowded as Bike Week. Oh, have fun too!

By security do you mean chains and locks, alarm system etc. We will be staying about an hour away and driving in each morning so no overnights. Also, my Yoshi R77s are not EPA compliant, should I put the silencers in or just keep the noise down They are not that loud anyway.

By security do you mean chains and locks, alarm system etc. We will be staying about an hour away and driving in each morning so no overnights. Also, my Yoshi R77s are not EPA compliant, should I put the silencers in or just keep the noise down They are not that loud anyway.
I ran my short meg so I think your R77s will be fine :laugh:

Yea, i'm sure when we say security we're talking about keeping the bikes from getting stolen.

We always locked/cabled our bikes together whenever we stopped and browsed. You will be fine with the R77's as long as you don't try to impress anyone with how awesome they sound.

Thanks Poppy. We'll do that. The reason I asked about the exhaust is I know in some states they can be real hard on anything that is not EPA comlpliant. So much so as to make you prove it if stopped.

I'm sure it'll be a fun trip! You're riding I gather? How far of a trip is that for you?

Yep, I've always heard securing your ride overnight is the biggie; theft is huge during those events in FL is seems...it would be miserable to ride that thing in and have to rent a car to get home :banghead: I'd be inclined to book a first floor motel room and park my baby inside with me! I've done it; slept great knowing I had a ride in the a.m. :)

Actually, we're going to trailer the bikes there. Heading across the South in the Fall can mean some pretty bad weather. We are going to stay at a a co-riders father's house and take day trips into Daytona.

Actually, we're going to trailer the bikes there. Heading across the South in the Fall can mean some pretty bad weather. We are going to stay at a a co-riders father's house and take day trips into Daytona.

Even better! :thumbsup:

If you go to the Cabbage Patch Bar and watch coleslaw wrestling....do not eat a BBQ sammich! :whistle:

Back