Biketober Fest '05

I and the Mrs. will be over there on Sat and Sun. Going to meet up with some friends at Pub 44 (aka Gilly's) around 12pm on Sat. We usually end up going up to Iron Horse for the evening festivities. If anyone wants to meet up, just drop me a PM and we can figure out the details. Scott, hit me up and let me know where you are going to be. It would be great to meet up with you.

cool.gif
...I'm thinking, if we get the chance to go, we'll prolly just head up/over Saturday morning and have lunch, cruise the main drag once or twice, hang out at the Speedway a bit, and then ride back home~
There is a local group heading up, but not sure I will be riding with them~ Mostly stunters and a few squids which tends to make the ride a little hard and possible incidents that can ruin an otherwise great day~ So most likely TheKatsMeow (on her Kat) and I will do a nice mellow ride up and back~
wink.gif

Jinkster, how do you get to that airport? I have been there before a couple of times but cant remember how to get there. Chris
Head west of 95 on International Speedway DR. and past Bankstons Kawasaki and keep heading west about 15 miles...you'll see the sign on the right to make a right..plenty of signs from there to lead you in....L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

But this just $UX!!!.....

noaa.gov images gone

noaa.gov images gone

sad.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129673311 -->

Hope you guys don't get the bad weather. That really sucks when you have made plans to attend such an event and the weather is bad.

We went down to Miami tonight from Pompano to find the tattoo shop from the TLC show "Miami Ink".

We got there and they were filming another episode, so we had to wait 1-1/2 hours before they were done. The shop is in South Beach, so we just rode around for a while. It rained like hell due to hurricane Wilma...the biotch!

We weren't able to get any artwork done, but I was able to meet each one of the cast and shook their hands. They seem like a great group of guys, and are down to earth. The fame hasn't ruined them yet. I actually talked to Darren Brass, and Yogi for a bit, but the others were getting ready to leave to get something to eat.

The ride back to Pompano was okay starting out, but then it started pouring rain after about 5 miles on the Interstate. The wife was not happy at all.

It was a good trip overall...even with the rain. I just hope that it holds off for Daytona.
wink.gif

I'll be working part of the weekend too...since I'll be in Orlando, I might go over for an afternnon or so.
I'll be a "cager" while I'm there...so if the weather is bad...I could prolly carry some folks along if they are in need of transportation....hhmmmm

WILLLLLLMAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

noaa.gov images gone

noaa.gov images gone

YOU BIOTCH!!!
mad.gif

Sincerely, Fred.
sad.gif

What a bunch of crap. I was lookin' foward to my first Biketoberfest. I'm gettin' tired of this weather.  
guns.gif
(The Weather)

Yeah.. me too~ Decided not to make this trip after all...
sad.gif

For those of you that do make it... do your best to stay dry and safe!
wink.gif

I'm back at work now
sad.gif

We left on Sunday just before Wilma came ashore.  Glad it held off until the event was over.  Hope everybody faired well through the storm.

I was hoping to meet some of the Floridian board members, but I never got a call on my cell phone.  We sat in front of the hotel (Ocean Walk) Friday night and watched the traffic on A1A.  I saw lots of Busa's and wondered if any were members.  We saw a crash in front of the hotel...both bikes were cruisers.  One idiot not paying attention rear-ended a guy that was trying to turn into Ocean Walk.  Both were okay, but the bikes didn't fair so well.  The offender passed his DUI test, so that wasn't a factor...just wasn't paying attention.

Biketoberfest seemed somewhat subdued compared to previous years.  Maybe it was the weather.  In the past it always seemed like a party where-ever you went, but this year it was just different.

Maybe next time
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130272570 -->

I'm back at work now
sad.gif

We left on Sunday just before Wilma came ashore.  Glad it held off until the event was over.  Hope everybody faired well through the storm.

I was hoping to meet some of the Floridian board members, but I never got a call on my cell phone.  We sat in front of the hotel (Ocean Walk) Friday night and watched the traffic on A1A.  I saw lots of Busa's and wondered if any were members.  We saw a crash in front of the hotel...both bikes were cruisers.  One idiot not paying attention rear-ended a guy that was trying to turn into Ocean Walk.  Both were okay, but the bikes didn't fair so well.  The offender passed his DUI test, so that wasn't a factor...just wasn't paying attention.

Biketoberfest seemed somewhat subdued compared to previous years.  Maybe it was the weather.  In the past it always seemed like a party where-ever you went, but this year it was just different.

Maybe next time
wink.gif
If you drove up 95 we probably passed each other as I was driving south on 95, arrived in the Daytona area around 5:00, I called a few people from the board to see if anyone had gone but I got a no from both so I drove on home.

Kevin

Yup...probably saw each other in passing, and just never knew it
wink.gif

I think we may just start using Florida for our dive trips, and find somewhere different to go next time for the bike stuff. Myrtle Beach maybe
cool.gif

Yup...probably saw each other in passing, and just never knew it
wink.gif

I think we may just start using Florida for our dive trips, and find somewhere different to go next time for the bike stuff.  Myrtle Beach maybe
cool.gif
Daytona is not my bag. I like the ride over but the crowd and the goings on is not for me.

Kevin

Back