Biketober Fest '05

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
It' about that time for Biketober Fest once again!
super.gif

Anybody got plans to attend, this year, yet? In my opinion, Biketober Fest is much better then Bike Week (in March)~ The weather is usually better, the crowds are much smaller (but getting bigger by the year), and there seems to be more sport bikes out and about~ I'm thinkin about at least riding up Saturday morning (the 22nd)~ Tool around a bit, grab some lunch, check out the sites, and head on back home! No other plans as of yet...

I always go. 'Course I have a short commute, 18 miles! Actually the festivities spill over into DeLand as well.

I'd be interested in hooking up with some fellow Busa brothers/sisters for the event.

I'll be going again this year with some friends. I'm not sure how much we'll be in Daytona though...we'll also be going down to do some diving in the Keys
cool.gif

We will be trailering down the bikes (H-D's) this year. We rode down twice before...all 1250 miles, but just don't feel like enduring it again.

I was just talking to Geo (my wife) about this, she thinks it might be cool to go. Who knows.....

We will be trailering down the bikes (H-D's) this year.  We rode down twice before...all 1250 miles, but just don't feel like enduring it again.
Ahh, we won't hold that against you...trailer queen!
tounge.gif

You've definitly earned your 'Iron Butt' award, two times over, already~ TKM has been on me lately about taking a ride down to the Keys.. maybe some day soon~ I'm thinkin we'll wait until we sell her Kat and get a Busa under her~  
wink.gif

If you feel the need to take a break on your trip through the Tampa area.. give me holla.. we've got the extra room and a home cooked meal waiting here for ya's~  
cool.gif

We will be trailering down the bikes (H-D's) this year. We rode down twice before...all 1250 miles, but just don't feel like enduring it again.
Ahh, we won't hold that against you...trailer queen!
tounge.gif

You've definitly earned your 'Iron Butt' award, two times over, already~ TKM has been on me lately about taking a ride down to the Keys.. maybe some day soon~ I'm thinkin we'll wait until we sell her Kat and get a Busa under her~
wink.gif

If you feel the need to take a break on your trip through the Tampa area.. give me holla.. we've got the extra room and a home cooked meal waiting here for ya's~
cool.gif
Thanks for not holding it against me
wink.gif

Just for more points...We rode 1250 miles in 2 days, checked into the timeshare in Daytona on Sunday, then rode to the keys on Moday, went diving on Tuesday morning, then rode back to Daytona Tuesday afternoon.

Our friends said we were nuts and just stayed in Daytona
laugh.gif

wink.gif

sad.gif
I can't make Biketoberfest this year, but I'll be there as always in March. Have lots of fun for me.

I'll be there...staying with some friends in Holly Hill...probably hit the vendor tents and cabbage patch friday afternoon then do the Iron Horse/Jackson Hole/Main Street thing friday night then?...saturday morning I'll be at the Outlaw Drags "Run Whatcha Brung" event at the old deland airstrip and then a bar-b-que/party saturday night with my old rexer buds...sunday?...breakfast run and then home.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I'm already here
cool.gif

Well, kinda...

We got in to Daytona on Saturday, and then we came down to Pompano yesterday for some scuba diving.  We'll be in Pompano until Thursday morning, and then we'll be heading back to Daytona until Sunday.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me, my cell phone is:
XXX-XXX-XXXX
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "Removed cell phone number"|1130271814 -->

cool.gif

So where do all the sportbikes hang??? I would like to go, but haven't been there before and i know the H D are the majority. How is the treatment for sport bikes
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

So where do all the sportbikes hang??? I would like to go, but haven't been there before and i know the H D are the majority. How is the treatment for sport bikes  
rock.gif

rock.gif
The sprotbike crowd can go pretty much wherever they want. There are a few of the "outlying" bars/areas that you would want to stay away from, but you'll now them when you see them. For the most part it's a pretty open crowd.

The only people that get viewed harshly, are the squids that are trying to do stunting to "impress" the harley crowd/chicks. Keep things civil and there's plenty of fun to be had.

They do demo rides at the Daytona Speedway. Try to get there early and sign up, because the spots go pretty fast. They don't allow demo rides on the Busa's though. All the manufacturers have tents set up. The rides are NOT on the track...they are on the local streets and you follow a guide, but the guides try to let you "experience" the bikes within reason.

Main street off of A1A is a mad house, but if you've never ridden through it, then you have to do it at least once.

FYI: The cops are usually pretty strict, so watch out for them and don't give them any reason to stop ya.

rock.gif

My wife and I will be there. Heading over thurs-sun. Pick a place and time so we can all meet up. Jinkster, how do you get to that airport? I have been there before a couple of times but cant remember how to get there. Chris

I'm only going to get out for a few hours on Friday...the rest of the weekend for me is pretty much gone.

Parents are coming into town Friday late afternoon and my wife will kill me if I leave her there with them (since she does not ride). Also, my second girl, name is Ella, is scheduled (c-section) to arrive Monday morning, so I have some last minute work around the house to get ready for that event.

BUT....
PM me if anyone is in for some lunch Friday afternoon. I'm local to the area, so travel time is not an issue.

Later,

Back