Bikes Down!!!

longandlow

Registered
My bike is down but maybe not out. I was parked in a parking lot and a dumb A** lady backed into my bike. The worse part is it is my old ladies friend! Waiting to meet with the adjuster. She got it pretty bad, Even the steering is off now I rode it around the block and the steering is to the right when going straight. She got the whole right side, rear set , header, midpipe, handlebars, brake lever, upper fairing, lower fairing, pass peg, mirror and the nose is bent also. I went to the local stalership to get prices and was at 3,200 dollars minus finding out what is bent in the front steering! I hope everything goes well.

glad to hear you were'nt on it. I'd be hot
guns.gif

I told my old lady if it would have been a guy hit my bike, I would be in jail and the guy would be in ICU. I was so hot My wife said its ok its just a bike! I said it would been ok if you would have run over my leg not my bike!!

Sorry to hear about your bike. Hope you get her all fixed up. Glad you're OK!

My wife loves her garden, her yoga, etc., Why don't most women understand the relationship we have with our motorcycles? It's not a substitute for humans (well in most cases) it's just a zen connection you have to work to and earn I guess, and I should include alot of non motorcycling men as well that roll their eyes like it's some childhood fantasy we're living....screw em for not making the effort to at least be OK with it without censoring it.
Anyways, I hope insurance covers you totally, don't repair any parts, replace them! Raydog

Your gonna get a new bike.  If all is wrong with it as you say, it's a total more than likely. It sucks that it don't take much to total a Busa. If your looking to save your bike, make sure the adjuster knows what he's doing. The Progressive adjuster that did Yamahor's Busa stated the engine was toast because the stator cover was marked up.

If you need some triple clamps and fork tubes let me know. I have a couple sets of the gold ones in the garage.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 30 2007,03:32) Your gonna get a new bike.  If all is wrong with it as you say, it's a total more than likely. It sucks that it don't take much to total a Busa. If your looking to save your bike, make sure the adjuster knows what he's doing.  The Progressive adjuster that did Yamahor's Busa stated the engine was toast because the stator cover was marked up.

If you need some triple clamps and fork tubes let me know. I have a couple sets of the gold ones in the garage.
Exactly what I was thinking !!!

When my Busa got stolen it was put on a trailer, in between 2 other bikes, a busted rearview, and some rub marks, TOTALED !!!
I was told that anything over $6,000 is a total loss, because that's how much they sell them for. I told the adjuster I didn't want to total it,(I love my bike) only had it 3 months, so he made a claim for $5,500, and let me do what I wanted as far as fixing it.

SAVE THOSE PLASTICS !!!!! I just went down, and bought some off hear that were a little rashed, just to last untill I get some cash !!!

Back