Biker arrested for no clear reason

IMHO this officer needs some serious training. I cannot defend some of his actions. Not familiar with Texas Law or Dallas City Ordinances. The biker that was pulled committed a number of violations in most if not all states, but the problem starts with the officer not identifying that initially and not following normal protocol which might also be different in Texas. From listening to the young man these guys are getting smart. The camera man does his level best to abide by the law while the rest have a great time violating the law. If you go back he was very clear from the on set that others may have been in the wrong but he wasn't. Unfortunately it would have been easy to write him a number of tickets based on the video.

It kinda looked like the deputy saw the camera and decided to pull the guy and seize his property which is a major no no in my mind, but I'm not a lawyer. Also you have to remember that we aren't seeing what the Deputy saw and have no idea what he was thinking or trying to do or what had happened prior to the stop. We only have 11 minutes of video. Lots of police presence if you pay attention. My guess, they were having a real good time and the cell phones were burning up the dispatch center. We don't have the history either. I can remember several news worthy events in this area on interstates with groups like this. Totality of circumstances guys.

Guy was a straight up smart arse. Probably the way he handles all contacts with authority figures, but in reality is smart. He might just be a disrespectful punk or extremely smart individual. All this is a well known tactic for getting off charges and winning law suits ( back to officer training ) not to mention a great distraction technique. Maybe I give him and others like him to much credit. :laugh:

This officer will have to answer for his actions. I don't feel the need. I've only been exposed to maybe a thousand officers during my life. This guy doesn't represent the majority as a few have stated but the minority. I'm not gonna excuse his actions, but I will say this. It's a tough job; a job the majority of you couldn't handle any better than he did.

I wonder how many of these vids we need to see? We all know on this site who is going to make excuses for the policia and who is realistic enough to cry BS when its bs. No an obscured tag is not an arrestable offense for christ sake. if it was gbrett would have said it was. Beyond standing up for himself against a power hungry cop the kid at most should have gotten a 200 dollar fine for an obstructed plate. I believe i saw that on snopes.com. The officer created the hostile situation and instigated the problem. He should be held accountable and be disciplined accordingly.

Senate Bill 439 makes it illegal to attach to a license plate any material that obscures information, including the name of the state or any other original design feature. License plates framed or obscured illegally could result in a ticket and a fine of up to $200.
The Texas State Senate - Jeff Wentworth: SD 25 - News Release

Oh I don't know maybe it was his piss poor attitude and aggressive demeanor suggesting confrontation? To me it didn't set the tone for a pleasant respectful conversation. I need more info on the events leading up to the actual stop that were alleged.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

not even sure what to say. but ask yourself... can you afford NOT to say something...can you AFFORD the legal system with its lawyers and time off from work. are we not in a country of free speech to call bull**** as bull****. either way to say he was argumentative (i would be too) not polite ( could you realistically be viewed as polite in any manner tone or intellectual discussion about this stop to the officer?) hell he was even waving to the officers that passed him prior... are we that much of sheep people we argue about the need for all citizens to be passive and respect authority at all times when its obviously being used to harass , intimidate, and demean?? this person as even he said will be dealing with impound fees...towing fees...loss of work time to go to court..lawyer...all because he did something that was a TICKETABLE offence and defended his right to his property from the first sentence out of the officers mouth... NO YOU MAY NOT TAKE WHAT I OWN (obviously personal property for evidence) FOR ANY REASON EXCEPT FOR A WARRANT in a non arrest-able offence

he is already lawyered up and fighting. :thumbs: good for him.

know your rights and stand up for them :poke: and see what happens!

:whistle: i just got everything paid off from Memphis! :laugh::banghead::laugh:

Cop was pissed about something. Kid does have his rights though, those suggesting he sit back and not protest being arrested are unrealistic, peopel that are treated unjustly get pissed and actually do have rights in this country. Cop was pissed about something though, he could have handled better.

I think this is from another cop car dash cam

my question to this video is why did he not arrest the guy that was holding him up for other ppl i mean that has several charges like obstructing justice? wreckless driving? wreckless endangerment? excessive speeding? No plate etc?

I was actually getting pissed off at how that guy was treating the cop! I couldn't believe he was brake checking the cop like that. I really he got caught and goes to jail for a long time.

Wow, at about 3 minutes 10 seconds it looks like the same guy running interference pulls up and gets the dope from the girl and then while the guy sits there playing radio, he comes back and gets her. :banghead:

Yeah, I agree with the rest, Dallas PD should have just gone to Dunkin Donuts and called it a day. How dare them do their job :whistle: so poorly anyway. Now I'm even more embarrassed for them. Well at least one of them didn't pull up on him and blow him away .....

Those guys on taunting the cops brake checking them deserve to get run over.

obviously that dash cam was not the same person that was arrested later.

my question to this video is why did he not arrest the guy that was holding him up for other ppl i mean that has several charges like obstructing justice? wreckless driving? wreckless endangerment? excessive speeding? No plate etc?
make no mistake he would have been rammed as soon as he pulled up along side that truck. I guess its no surprise why Dallas PD has no love for motorcycles.

its azzholes like that that gives respectful riders a bad rep.

How would you have gone about arresting that young man ? He could have been arrested, but my question is; how would you have done that ?

How would you have gone about arresting that young man ? He could have been arrested, but my question is; how would you have done that ?
ill tell ya how. if ur doing 80 mph down the highway and some little punk slams on his brakes and you rear end him the video would clearly demonstate that his hard braking in front of you was wilful and to get you to rear end him. who's to say how good ur reflexes are????

after he was rear ended at 80 mph on the freeway I guess he could be arrested then after the cop shovels up whats left of him.....:whistle: I do give the cop credit for keeping his kool tho. I know very few that would not have wanted to bump him right off that bike for doin that.

just not quite sure why it took him so long to exit his vehicle after he stops the truck. clearly something illegal was passed by the chic.

im quite certain that the cop could have exited his vehicle and Tased him before he had a chance to pull off completely. the way he was taunting him and creating a reckless highway condition and clearly interfering with his investigation and impeeding his movement wilfully while traveling code would surely justify its use even with him being on the bike. the Taser cartridge is 35 feet if u have the 35 footer loaded.

that was pretty ballzy by that little punk!

ill tell ya how. if ur doing 80 mph down the highway and some little punk slams on his brakes and you rear end him the video would clearly demonstate that his hard braking in front of you was wilful and to get you to rear end him. who's to say how good ur reflexes are????

after he was rear ended at 80 mph on the freeway I guess he could be arrested then after the cop shovels up whats left of him.....:whistle: I do give the cop credit for keeping his kool tho. I know very few that would not have wanted to bump him right off that bike for doin that.

just not quite sure why it took him so long to exit his vehicle after he stops the truck. clearly something illegal was passed by the chic.

im quite certain that the cop could have exited his vehicle and Tased him before he had a chance to pull off completely. the way he was taunting him and creating a reckless highway condition and clearly interfering with his investigation and impeeding his movement wilfully while traveling code would surely justify its use even with him being on the bike. the Taser cartridge is 35 feet if u have the 35 footer loaded.

that was pretty ballzy by that little punk!

I'm old school and stupid about my own safety at times , especially given the fact that it's alright to kill someone now-a-days and getting to be pretty common, and cops aren't immune to that. I'm pretty bad about giving my location and a vehicle license plate prior to the stop and jumping out and getting up on the vehicle before evidence can be destroyed. Major no no on my part for my safety.

No one can really say what they would have done bc they weren't there blah, blah, blah. I was actually thinking my left arm would have gone around his neck pretty quick, and that evidence would have been preserved. And for what ? I know I took an oath to preserve the constitution and enforce the law and keep the peace too, but just read the post here. Seven more years and I plan on being just a citizen. I can play the lottery if I want and I can go to a bar and have a beer without some good citizen bothering me bc he thinks I'm hurting his business with my presence or being concerned that some good citizen will make a complaint that I was there and having to answer to my Chief and the Mayor. Can't wait.

Back