Bike Won't Start

04Duramax

Registered
So I went out to my bike this morning and did my usual start up routine.. wait for the gauges and the fuel prime.. pulled in the clutch and hit the button the headlight cut off and nada! Long story short I think there is something wrong with my clutch switch.. if I pull in the clutch lever all of the way I get nothing but if I let the lever out some with the start button still in then it cranks right up. Anyone else ever have this problem??? :banghead:

I had something like this happen after I put my new levers on. Try to adjust the clutch lever out so it will push the rod in further and see if that helps. Good luck

That's the weird thing these levers have been on here since I bought the bike and never had a problem. I'll give your suggestion a shot though. Thanks!

The clutch switch on the perch can be adjusted in or out as needed if that's the problem.

Exact same intermitent problem... Ocassionally hit the starter nothing... Same starting fix - let the clutch out a little and hit the starter - presto fires right up.... then doesn't fail for another couple hundred starts. Annoying - checked for corrosion on the clutch switch etc. etc. etc. it's hard to fix this issue as I can't duplicate the failure.

By the way - this is a problem I'm having on my 08 B King. Never had the issue with my Gen I busa.

Back