Bike lift question

landmissle

Registered
I have a bike lift that I used on the last two cruisers I owned, that lifts the bike under the engine. If I take the fairing off can I use it for the busa? Or is a lift like the redline one the only way to go?

Thanks!

And yet another unrelated picture.
biggrin.gif

motorcycle_kiss.jpg

You can lift from there, but the bike isn't stable.  there isn't a big flat spot down there like on the cruiser.

Nice picture.

Like these guys said... if you were to use one of those kind of stands it would probably damage the headers of your exhaust and the oil pan is made up of a soft metal so I wouldnt use it to support the weight of the bike.

Yeah. I had a stand left from when I had my VTX. There's no WAY I could use it on the busa without crushing a Bunch Of Important Stuff ™

Just come up off the money for some decent wheel stands.

I have one too. I use it to change the front tire on my busa. I put the bike up on the front and rear stand, then use it to lift the front higher to get the tire off. The stock headers can take the weight with no damage. I haven't tried it with aftermarket headers. Like the guys have said, it would be very hard to use the lift alone.

Back