Bike Hauler

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Any suggestions on what to look for in a used bike hauler? Never had anything other than basically a floored mowing business type trailer. (Still have it) I definately want a rear loading ramp, but that's about my limit on pro's and cons.

VNose vs. Flat? Front access door? Flooring / Tie downs / Track etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh and Skydivr you suck for getting me into this....

Last edited:
Get a v-nose, better gas milage for sure, I know that for a fact

Also front doors are nice for just double checking things and easier to get in and out,

You can add your own tie downs so that's not a biggie

Spend the money and buy name brand trailers, easier to get parts when something goes out, plus should be made better.

Any suggestions on what to look for in a used bike hauler? Never had anything other than basically a floored mowing business type trailer. (Still have it) I definately want a rear loading ramp, but that's about my limit on pro's and cons.

VNose vs. Flat? Front access door? Flooring / Tie downs / Track etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh and Skydivr you suck for getting me into this....

It's a wonder your wife doesn't call me up and chew me out :laugh:

I myself have thought about an enclosed trailer, but it's a minimum $3500 and that little one you've seen me using is free....and I'd have to park it elsewhere since there's no room in the yard/driveway.

Only thing I'll tow it with is my motorhome and it gets 6 or so mpg. It will not even know the trailer is back there. The V question would be more about ergo's inside the trailer for me, but thanks!

Get a v-nose, better gas milage for sure, I know that for a fact

Also front doors are nice for just double checking things and easier to get in and out,

You can add your own tie downs so that's not a biggie

Spend the money and buy name brand trailers, easier to get parts when something goes out, plus should be made better.

You may want to look iinto making a trip to Georgia, where they make alot of trailers. I just made the trip this past weekend and picked up a Tailgator 6x12 V-nose with the "motorcycle package" for $2199. It has 15" aluminum wheels with radial tires, full led lighting, tie downs welded to the frame in the floor and more. Let me know if you want more info on this.

You may want to look iinto making a trip to Georgia, where they make alot of trailers. I just made the trip this past weekend and picked up a Tailgator 6x12 V-nose with the "motorcycle package" for $2199. It has 15" aluminum wheels with radial tires, full led lighting, tie downs welded to the frame in the floor and more. Let me know if you want more info on this.

So its true they're that cheap?!! :beerchug: it's definately worth the trip.

Pics? Sounds like a great deal. Do you have their website?

Last edited:
I've had 6ft, 7ft, and 8ft wide trailers...If going enclosed, do yourself a favor a go with at least a 7ft wide.

While you have plenty of room with 6ft wides, that extra foot does wonders with helping you strap down and also keeps a little tension off the fairing sides depending on how you tie down. Gives you a little more wiggle room and makes life a little easier.

Bought my 7' x 16' V-Nose a couple years ago, but did find that the best prices were in GA. It was too far for me to travel so I paid an extra $600 to have it done by one of the midwestern subsidiaries. Had the interior increased to 7', chrome wheels, LED lights and some other stuff I'm forgetting for about $4k.

Prices are competitive in georgia, get a v nose, with a busa if you are hauling only 1 bike stay small, I have a neat 8' v nose that is low, was inexpensive, does not have a ramp door, and you could pull it with a really small vehicle. It is the best pulling trailer I have ever owned. (I have 2 enclosed 2 open) here is a link to my trailers and you might look at how we tie the bikes down........call me if you want more info on wheel chocks, e track and d rings....

Trailering Equipment - kieth's Photos

I do not think there are pictures of the small trailer but I will post some later today.:beerchug:

Ours is a 7 x 14 V nose. Paid around 3k for it I think but we special ordered it from Georgia and had it delivered to a local dealer.

We did the flooring, painting and the tie downs ourselves. We bought some big D rings from Harbor Freight and put 3 across the middle and then 2 wheel chocks up front. The V nose is nice because it gives you that extra room to move around in. :thumbsup:

Here are a few pix of ours.....

100_3161.jpg

100_3167.jpg

phplgg8KHPM[1].jpg

Call me I can get you a brand new 6x12 v-nose with ez let down ramp door for half that price! Geez guys I posted up awhile back about these. Don't pay those prices! They are making enough off one trailer to pay for another at there cost.

Ours is a 7 x 14 V nose. Paid around 3k for it I think but we special ordered it from Georgia and had it delivered to a local dealer.

We did the flooring, painting and the tie downs ourselves. We bought some big D rings from Harbor Freight and put 3 across the middle and then 2 wheel chocks up front. The V nose is nice because it gives you that extra room to move around in. :thumbsup:

Here are a few pix of ours.....

You all did an awesum job fixing up that trailer~!~ :thumbsup:

We need to talk tomorrow night at dinner!!

Call me I can get you a brand new 6x12 v-nose with ez let down ramp door for half that price! Geez guys I posted up awhile back about these. Don't pay those prices! They are making enough off one trailer to pay for another at there cost.

I'd like the info yes please.

If only I had known you back when we got ours :(

Back