Need advice on trailer purchase...

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
I am in the market for a car/busa hauler. I have never bought a car trailer and need any input and advice I can get. Below is the quote I obtained from Trailer Country, seems like a good deal to me. Anything else you folks would add or do you see any discrepencies?

8.5 X 20 ENCLOSED CARGO TRAILER, TRUE 20' BOX SPACE+ V-NOSE, 54" TRIPLE TUBE TONGUE, 2-3,500 LBS -ALL WHEEL ELECTRIC BRAKE "DEXTER" DROP AXLES, 36" SIDE DOOR W/ KICK PLATE, RV STYLE LOCK & CAMLOCK & ATP STEP WELL, 3/8" PLYWOOD WALLS, -3/4" PRESSURE TREATED PLYWOOD FLOORS, 4-5,000# D-RINGS, 78'' INSIDE HEIGHT, HEAVY DUTY REAR -SPRING ASSISTED RAMP W/ CAMLOCKS & 16" RAMP -TRANSITION FLAP, 24" STONE GUARD W/ ATP NOSE CAP, -POLISHED CORNERS, 1-DOME LIGHT W/ WALL SWITCH, - 1-NON POWERED ROOF VENT, 16" O.C. TUBE SIDE -WALLS & FLOOR CROSS MEMBERS, HEAVY DUTY 6" I -BEAM MAIN FRAME W/ 2X6 TUBE, GALVALUME ROOF, -SMOOTH ALUMINUM JEEP STYLE FENDERS, 2 5/16" -COUPLER, 7-WAY "BARGMAN" PLUG W/ BATTERY -BACK-UP & SAFETY SWITCH, EXTERIOR L.E.D. LIGHTING PACKAGE, NEW 15" BIAS PLY TIRES & -MODULAR WHEELS (20575D15). • 5 YEAR MANUFACTURES WARRANTY INCLUDED. COLOR : WHITE
PICK-UP LOCATION :WILLACOOCHEE
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE :1.5-2 WEEKS FROM ORDER DATE
PAYMENT INFO :$1000.00 DEPOSIT
SUBTOTAL $3,895.00
TAX (0%) $0.00
TOTAL $3,895.0

got mine from there, its great :beerchug: I only got 7x16 and sometimes wish I had gone with the 8x20. The reality is you'll find ways to fill it up but the best question is what in the world are you going to haul it with? For me, my trailer loaded with 4 busas is about 40-50% of the total rated haul weight for my truck....and I got 8-9mpg for most of the drive to the bash.

If you are going to put the lotus and the bike(s) in it, perhaps that 8x24 link is worth checking out? You can probably get the lotus & bike in the 20' but I'm guessing the bike would be loaded side to side in the front?

Thats an excellent deal. I know that price would only get you a 7x12 here in Tulsa.

Will a 20ft trailer haul the Busa and the Lotus?

I see you and I were thinking the exact same thing Charlie :laugh: Of course, Tom, that means you are also gonna have to have a truck big enough to pull that huge trailer!

got mine from there, its great :beerchug: I only got 7x16 and sometimes wish I had gone with the 8x20. The reality is you'll find ways to fill it up but the best question is what in the world are you going to haul it with? For me, my trailer loaded with 4 busas is about 40-50% of the total rated haul weight for my truck....and I got 8-9mpg for most of the drive to the bash.

If you are going to put the lotus and the bike(s) in it, perhaps that 8x24 link is worth checking out? You can probably get the lotus & bike in the 20' but I'm guessing the bike would be loaded side to side in the front?

yeah, was thinking busa side to side in front!

I see you and I were thinking the exact same thing Charlie :laugh: Of course, Tom, that means you are also gonna have to have a truck big enough to pull that huge trailer!

Don't think my Tundra has enough muscle? I don't know, gonna check in the hand book......

Tom, That looks like a good deal. One option you might look into is a door on the left side of the trailer. It makes it alot easier to open the door of the car when you are trying to get in and out. I have a Mustang and it is alittle tight getting the door open. I use an electric winch to get the car in, and just push it out. I wish I would have ordered the door for mine. :beerchug:

Tom, That looks like a good deal. One option you might look into is a door on the left side of the trailer. It makes it alot easier to open the door of the car when you are trying to get in and out. I have a Mustang and it is alittle tight getting the door open. I use an electric winch to get the car in, and just push it out. I wish I would have ordered the door for mine. :beerchug:

Thanks for that info. Very good idea!!

you might want to talk to GSXcite...his trailer is 20', not sure if it is 8' or 8.5'

you might want to talk to GSXcite...his trailer is 20', not sure if it is 8' or 8.5'
Wow! I thought that trailer was more than 20'!!!! Actually lined up the car and busa and determined that 16" would do it just fine. SO, asked the manufacturer to get me a new estimate for that lengthof trailer

If you are willing to travel to south georgia you can get an unbeatable price on trailers there... I can PM you the number if you want

I just bought a trailer from them. Top notch quality

Russell's lead turned into best price yet!! Probably will go with that.

Back