Bike for Super short GF

Rylinkus

Registered
Ill know tomorrow if my vacation is cancelled. (Dad has cancer and may need surgery..... find my other post).

If it is I have my vacation money to buy my GF a bike to ride with me. Anyway, she's MAYBE 5 foot tall on a good day with disproportionately short legs. On the list of bikes I've found recently, (And locally), are a Zuki GZ250, Ninja 250, Honda Rebel 250, and Buell Blast. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Or another super small, super light bike? Thanks for any input, etc.

Cheers,
Ryan

I know the Honda rebel would work. That's what my friend could ride

DSC00914__Small_.JPG

April's not as tall as that girl. She couldn't even hope to get her feet down on my Busa. And it seems to me, the gel seat makes mine have a lower seat height.....

She's only about 5'. The bike was on the stand and she was having to work to plant those tippy toes
laugh.gif

I would think a Buell Blast would still be too tall if she's as short as you indicate. A light cruiser (250 to 750cc) or an 888 Harley (
wow.gif
 I can't believe I said that)  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,00:19) I would think a Buell Blast would still be too tall if she's as short as you indicate. A light cruiser (250 to 750cc) or an 888 Harley (
wow.gif
beerchug.gif
To the corner dude, don't look back at me, go on..........
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 04 2007,21:22)
(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,00:19) I would think a Buell Blast would still be too tall if she's as short as you indicate. A light cruiser (250 to 750cc) or an 888 Harley (
wow.gif
beerchug.gif
To the corner dude, don't look back at me, go on..........
laugh.gif
sad.gif
 OK , your right. I'll go to the penalty corner  
zzwhip.gif

my moms the same height. her first bike was amaga 750 with a shaves seat worked great. bike is really heavy, she could ride it but I would have to pull it out of the garage for her. now she rides a zx6r that is lowered almost 3", and the seat is shaves alittle. with her riding boots she is flat footed, on her balls with any other shoes

you can get lowering links for just about every bike out there just find the bike she likes and drop it a couple in the back and 1 in the front she should be fine

Go to a dealership and have her sit on a Burgman 400. My mother is 4'11" and can flat foot my Burgman by moving off the seat and standing over the tank.

i have to agree with the 883 harley and i believe they sell a low version. obviously its under powered and slow
sad.gif

My Wife is 5'3" she rides a lowered 600RR on the street & stock height EX500 on the track.

If she has never rode before, I would recommend the Rebel 250. My wife is 5' tall and had never rode a motorcycle. The Rebel is the bike the college uses for the MSF classes. I got her a brand new one when she passed the course. Nice thing about the Rebel is you can get a brand new one for a little over $2K, and when she is ready to move up to a bigger bike you can get most of your money back by selling or trading.

Back