Bike Choices

I like having choices so for me each bike must serve a different mission

1. I love my 2020 BMW R1250GSA, great bike that does everything well and my go to bike for multi-day trips. I enjoy riding my GSA more than other bikes I've owned including my Kawasaki H2SXSE and ZX14R. The GSA is not the fastest but fast enough to be fun, not the best handling but handles well enough to rip through the twisties but can also be used as a sport touring or commuter bike.

2. I bought a 2023 Busa because I wanted something with plenty of torque that pulls hard in the rpm range where I spend most of my time riding and I love the new design of the Gen III

3. My 2022 BMW S1000XR I bought because I wanted something a bit faster, better handling and lighter than my GSA to serve as my day bike while my GSA is my sport touring bike.

4. I like to ride a bit aggressive so cruisers aren't for me but cruisers fit a lot of riders riding style which is why cruisers are so popular.

5. Hopefully I'll never own a Harley but they're very capable bikes and I ride with a few Harley riders that will give any sport bike a run for their money in the tight stuff where skill matters more than HP.

6. I've never been a fan of the GW but they're good bikes for their intended purpose and while they excel at munching miles on the highway they also handle well enough to handle any curve or straight.

Doesn't really matter what you ride just that you ride and enjoy whatever bike you're riding.

Done the Honda / Yam / Kawasaki / Harley thing. 50cc to 1400. Road bikes, dirt bikes, Sportsbikes, nakeds etc. Stopped counting after the first 50+ bikes.

All my bikes now are 16v, IL4, chain drive Suzuki’s, 1980 to now.

To me they are all different. There’s several others I’d like but they are all on the same theme. Wouldn’t mind a Inazuma 1200, GS1200SS, Slingshot 7/11, an 1135E (US GS1150) and a few others.

The older I get, the more I’ve turned into a 4 cylinder Suzuki fan and less of a motorcycle fan. No really that interested in the alternatives, that seems to bother other folk a lot more than it does me. Owning a cruiser or adventure bike or another brand never appears on my radar.

I’ve become very narrow minded with my bike choices and it’s quite nice.

46E52D2C-AD96-43A3-B5E5-DF9E3520C702.jpeg

5. Hopefully I'll never own a Harley but they're very capable bikes and I ride with a few Harley riders that will give any sport bike a run for their money in the tight stuff where skill matters more than HP.

Much as I have zero interest in Harleys, I understand they suit some folk.

I have a neighbour nearby who won a few 500GP’s beating the like of Rossi, Biaggi, Kenny Roberts Jr, Checa and the best in the world when he had a good day. He now coaches Superbike and Moto-3 but owners a Harley back here at home. To say he can give a Sportsbike a run for their money would be an understatement!

Ducati 1198 sp or v4 ... beast mode
Everyone has an opinion and a choice, which I respect always.

Here are mine. Top of the list to bottom of the list.

Post up yours.

1.) Why a Hayabusa?
A bike which fits me like a glove, is comfortable, has performance close to the best, is very stable at high speed and does everything well. As far as mods go and the according drag strip performance it still the beats anything else.

2.) A dual sport which weighs no more than 300lbs and can do 100mph on pavement, with at least 300mm of suspension travel. It is not the best at anything, but does everything well, from pavement, to dirt to single track. It is a lot easier to buzz around town with, compared to a cruiser due to the weight and can go places where a 4x4 would not make it. It can cruise comfortably at 80mph.

3.) A 1k naked bike. Light enough to handle, enough performance to give a rush and easy to commute around with. Not something I would want for long miles though.

4.) A 600 for the track. Light enough to load on the back of my truck, more than enough performance for the tracks in my area. Less likely to kill myself compared to a 1k.

Bikes which won’t make my list.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Gold Wing, a car on two wheels. Might as well ride a two seater convertible.

Harleys, I still think Honda made a bike in 1969 which has a motor with better volumetric efficiency than any Harley more than 40 years later. It was easier and more fun to ride also.

Any cruiser. Something really heavy with lack of performance belongs at the bottom of the ocean as a boat anchor.

A three wheeler may be fun, but I sure would be embarrassed if my friends see me on one.

Thinking the 3 bikes I got now are probably enough , certainly finding it a little difficult getting seat time on them lately . But , I still like the idea of a Ducati , been looking at classic Panigale 1299

Bimota_SB4_01.jpg

, also checking out Bimota , I would love a SB4 classic , and a couple of cruisers , the V4 Diavel , the Triumph 3R

I would have to put mine like this.
1. my favorite, although I dont have one anymore, is the busa.
2. the zx14r, which is what I have now.
3. I would like to have a Yamaha star venture but they no longer make it.
4. h2 sxe. perfect sport touring bike and with a Brock package, really nasty... havent seen one at a dealership for a couple of years.
5. Kinda like the Yamaha fjr .. loads of features on it.
6. Kawasaki Voyager
7. Gold wing but only if I had a bar of gold to bargain with.

cars rides GIF

Back