Bike Choices

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Everyone has an opinion and a choice, which I respect always.

Here are mine. Top of the list to bottom of the list.

Post up yours.

1.) Why a Hayabusa?
A bike which fits me like a glove, is comfortable, has performance close to the best, is very stable at high speed and does everything well. As far as mods go and the according drag strip performance it still the beats anything else.

2.) A dual sport which weighs no more than 300lbs and can do 100mph on pavement, with at least 300mm of suspension travel. It is not the best at anything, but does everything well, from pavement, to dirt to single track. It is a lot easier to buzz around town with, compared to a cruiser due to the weight and can go places where a 4x4 would not make it. It can cruise comfortably at 80mph.

3.) A 1k naked bike. Light enough to handle, enough performance to give a rush and easy to commute around with. Not something I would want for long miles though.

4.) A 600 for the track. Light enough to load on the back of my truck, more than enough performance for the tracks in my area. Less likely to kill myself compared to a 1k.

Bikes which won’t make my list.

Gold Wing, a car on two wheels. Might as well ride a two seater convertible.

Harleys, I still think Honda made a bike in 1969 which has a motor with better volumetric efficiency than any Harley more than 40 years later. It was easier and more fun to ride also.

Any cruiser. Something really heavy with lack of performance belongs at the bottom of the ocean as a boat anchor.

A three wheeler may be fun, but I sure would be embarrassed if my friends see me on one.

I love dirt bikes, a light weight dual purpose (like my DRZ400E) is better than a heavy adventure bike. I've had a KTM 990ADV, too cumbersome to throw around, ya gotta be built like Schwarznegger to ride one fast.
The Busa is the best all round road bike I've ever ridden . . and I've ridden a lot of bikes, I work at a bike shop!
Harley's are for old fat men that have never had the balls or the inclination to try a light fast good handling machine!
Harley's were made to keep idiots off jap bikes lmao!
There ya go, remember, it's only an opinion based on my observations over my lifetime.

Everyone has an opinion and a choice, which I respect always.

Here are mine. Top of the list to bottom of the list.

Post up yours.

1.) Why a Hayabusa?
A bike which fits me like a glove, is comfortable, has performance close to the best, is very stable at high speed and does everything well. As far as mods go and the according drag strip performance it still the beats anything else.

2.) A dual sport which weighs no more than 300lbs and can do 100mph on pavement, with at least 300mm of suspension travel. It is not the best at anything, but does everything well, from pavement, to dirt to single track. It is a lot easier to buzz around town with, compared to a cruiser due to the weight and can go places where a 4x4 would not make it. It can cruise comfortably at 80mph.

3.) A 1k naked bike. Light enough to handle, enough performance to give a rush and easy to commute around with. Not something I would want for long miles though.

4.) A 600 for the track. Light enough to load on the back of my truck, more than enough performance for the tracks in my area. Less likely to kill myself compared to a 1k.

Bikes which won’t make my list.

Gold Wing, a car on two wheels. Might as well ride a two seater convertible.

Harleys, I still think Honda made a bike in 1969 which has a motor with better volumetric efficiency than any Harley more than 40 years later. It was easier and more fun to ride also.

Any cruiser. Something really heavy with lack of performance belongs at the bottom of the ocean as a boat anchor.

A three wheeler may be fun, but I sure would be embarrassed if my friends see me on one.
You've pretty much summed it all up.

I would say a person's choice in a motorcycle is a personal thing...for every person there is a bike they want or own.

1. Hayabusa-I've wanted one since I sat on one at the '98 bike show in Toronto, my path led me away from getting one but I eventually did-great bike, does everything I ask of it.

2. Duel (adventure tour) bikes are really taking off...a new trend is trail or back road tours. People are enjoying exploring the back country without the hustle and bustle of all that traffic...I like them.

3. We call them naked bikes but all bikes used to be naked so to me they are just regular bikes...they have their purpose but I've become spoiled by having a fairing protecting me from all that wind blast.

4. The new 600s are far more capable than the bikes I grew up with. They are fast, handle great and are easy to find...they suck on the hiway though as they are so light pick up trucks blow them around quite a bit..

5. HD bikes, these bikes have a huge following and their marketing department is far above anyone else. People who own them are loyal and dedicated to them. I think they have earned their place in the motorcycle industry probably more than any other motorcycle company in existence.....HD have the tech to totally change their bikes as seen with the new Pan America but their owners want them just like they are. HD has consistently been around longer than any other motorcycle company.

6. Gold Wings and other large tour bikes are all over the place and loved by their owners for good reason, they are comfortable and eat up the miles, the new Gold Wing is a very different bike than the one it replaced.

7. Cruisers are very popular, not my thing but the muscle cruisers such as the Diavel or VMax are pretty cool in my eyes.

8. 3 wheelers-in my opinion, they are a car even if you sit on them...as soon as something is made from the factory with 3 wheels, it is a car. The new Can Am sport is interesting but I'd have winter tires on that thing and use it all year long.

I love dirt bikes, a light weight dual purpose (like my DRZ400E) is better than a heavy adventure bike. I've had a KTM 990ADV, too cumbersome to throw around, ya gotta be built like Schwarznegger to ride one fast.
The Busa is the best all round road bike I've ever ridden . . and I've ridden a lot of bikes, I work at a bike shop!
Harley's are for old fat men that have never had the balls or the inclination to try a light fast good handling machine!
Harley's were made to keep idiots off jap bikes lmao!
There ya go, remember, it's only an opinion based on my observations over my lifetime.
Hi. I have had all kinds of bikes some much better than others, but all have had good points. I have a 1937 HD Knuckehead a1957 Sportster, 350 Hondas 750's kawasaki GPZ 1100. ZX1000,1100. Suzuki GS 1000, 1100, 1150. All were fun in there own way, the best bike is the busa. I will get a ZX14 to ride and see how good they are. If I can get one for a steal, then sell it.

I’m responding as if I was asked the question which 5 bikes would I own if possible.

1) hayabusa my general do it all machine, large enough for two up duties etc

2) naked/standard bike not sure exactly which but think S1000R, Z900, MT-10, Aprilia Tuono SV 650, Z650 Basically any of the standard 1000cc type naked out there

3) dedicated track bike that also serves as a short distance back road mountain blaster honestly any of the options in the super sport bike category exceed my abilities but perhaps BMW S1000RR. Aprilia RSV 4 for that exhaust note but might be way too cramped on it

4) Harley sport glide- just to have a Harley, because vast majority of folks around here ride them and it would open up a ton of riding opportunities, something the wife and I wife use basically as another car lol

5) maybe a DRZ 400 just as a fun toy when the mood hits

These are my top 4 that I'd get if i could
1. Gen 2 Hayabusa i feel is the best all around bike can setup for touring or to be a drag race monster or even a corner carver with not to many changes. Gotta wait until i see a gen 3 modded they dont look right stock to me
2. 2021 Gsxr1000 to carve corners but its a good drag racing platform too. Seems like it'd be a good around town bike too
3. M109r with a road glide fairing, 23 and 300 back tire. Id use it for a slow around town bike and long cruiser.
4. Road glide 23 and 131 or whatever is biggest motor available and as many speakers as i can fit on it.

I have to be honest but a BMW S1000RR would replace the Busa if I was younger. But since I own it I'll keep the Gen 2. Can't see a Gen 3 though when I can get a well-adorned S1000RR for a little less.

The 1250 GS is the best-selling bike in the world and there is a good reason why. It's the best bike I have owned period and can do anything respectably.

I have to be honest but a BMW S1000RR would replace the Busa if I was younger. But since I own it I'll keep the Gen 2. Can't see a Gen 3 though when I can get a well-adorned S1000RR for a little less.

The 1250 GS is the best-selling bike in the world and there is a good reason why. It's the best bike I have owned period and can do anything respectably.
My brother is a member of the BMW Owners Group and he said many of the members he knows who have (had) the GS1250/RT models have had lots of issues as the mileage starts piling up.

These people are long time BMW owners and many of them have got rid of their bikes and gone with other brands (mostly Japanese).

He was saying one big issue is the final drive which is no longer rebuildable and prone to failure.

I was a bit surprised to hear this sort of thing regarding the R series bikes.

why no love for a 3 wheeler

2A624FE1-988C-4F9B-84D5-CDCC6757301D.jpeg

why no love for a 3 wheeler

View attachment 1636028
Those ones are fun although they have killed a lot of people when they roll over in turns...

I rode the Suzuki version and when coming around a corner down a slight grade an obstacle was on the trail....I was very close to flipping it and I wasn't going that fast...

They are banned here, you can't get a license plate for them.

I would consider the FJR1300AE or KTM 1290 SD GT as an all round bike If I was to buy another bike but I have the perfect stable suited to me at the moment. One does the spirited riding with more than enough power and the other is the commuter or long distance tourer.

Back