bike at dealership

oldbird

Registered
Bought a silver and black 05 4 wks. ago, been reading this sight since before i bought it. Lots of great info. Took bike in for 600 mile service and decided for them to install them for me. Parts guy assured me any mistakes done they would replace both panels. First attempt was a hack job second day was better third day tech must have had bad day. Left cut marks on right side, didnt want to do any more store manager and parts guy were great. Willing to replace panels or do wat was needed to satisfy me. Told them to take right panel off and take to body shop to repair. Wat should i do? accept repared panels or get new ones and not install sliders. Dont want to make a worst mess my self. Waiting till friday for repared panels. *NO * SLEEP* IN* TEXAS*........

If they are willing to repair them I think they are doing more than what most places would offer since it is an after market install.

Patrick

If they offered you a new panel why on earth would you tell them to have a body shop fix their screw up?
You bought a brand new perfect bike and you deserve a perfect bike. Do you really think hack marks can be touched up to perfection? And if they repaint the whole panel it'll never be a perfect match to the surrounding panels.

They accepted the job and it was up to them to do it right. Tell them to order the new panel.

I agree with TT. Aftermarket part or not it doesn't matter. They agreed to do a job professionally and were charging you for it. Personally I would have them replace the panels and install them in the new set. You're always gonna see the hack job repair and never just the sliders and you won't be happy.

it woudl have been different if the tech hadn't said yes.. if we screw it up .. new panels..

new panels!

I vote with the majority on this one. It is up to them to either decline or bid the job with the risk in mind. If the panels were not repaired when you brought them in, they should be non-repaired when you take them back.

Now if the dealer says that they will replace the panels with new panels and hand you your sliders in a bag and not charge you for thier attempt, that is also fair......

the main reason i didn't ask for new panels up front, is to give them a chance to fix their mistake. the managers are working with me 100%. i don't want to let one persons bad attitude ruin it for me. if the repaired panels don't look right or the paint doesn't match i will ask for new panels and install them myself. i just read on this site how to install them, i think i can do a better job. i've also read how much the first service cost at other dealers. when i bought the bike i got a coupon for the first service free. i would really like to continue doing business with them. i just really want to get my bike back so i can go riding. will see how the panels look on friday!!!!!!!

I know how it is trying to get and keep good service, however, you paid for good service so make sure you get it. If the repaired panels meet your standard then great, but if not go straight for the new panels. If the manager is as straight-up as they have indicated and willing to work with you you should have no problems coming back for other service. In fact, they should know that you could be helping them out by spreading the word to others.
rock.gif

Back