Painted inner panels

John 16:10

Donating Member
Registered
OK! guys this is general shout out for ideas/help on the best way to do this.

I want to add some race ready inner panels to my 06LE.  Race Ready requiresa panel exchange or the cost jumps significantly.

OK, is it worth it to pay the additional cost for the extra panels?  Will I have any need for them.  What should I do?  Do you guys know where I can get panels from.  I'm so confused.

Don't know why but for some reason I hate doing exchanges. Should I just get over it?

<!--EDIT|John 16:10
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140372509 -->

i plan on doing the painted inners also. i plan on doing the exchange. my reason i want the painted nt the black.
that`s just ny 2.5 cents

i would just "get over it" cause either way if you buy some extra inners or spend the extra money with out doing the exchange your wallet will be lighter...i'd just do the exchange.... besides you can still ride while the inners are gone for paint....

Has anyone here done the raceready panels? If so; what kind of success have you had long term quality wise? Is this a product/service you would reccommend?

i would just "get over it" cause either way if you buy some extra inners or spend the extra money with out doing the exchange your wallet will be lighter...i'd just do the exchange.... besides you can still ride while the inners are gone for paint....
cool.gif
cool.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
+1

cool.gif

Has anyone here had thier panels painted & are you happy with having it done?
Does this mod make much of a difference in the apperarance of the busa?
Is it worth the $$$$$?

Pics would be very helpful.

painting the inner panels on the busa makes a huge difference the bike now looks finished. it made a huge difference to my bike. ill post pics soon.

I will post up some pics of my painted iners and I will dig up the post I did when I got them done originally. You can sort of see them in this pic...

DSC03642.JPG

Has anyone here had thier panels painted & are you happy with having it done?  
Does this mod make much of a difference in the apperarance of the busa?  
Is it worth the $$$$$?

Pics would be very helpful.
heres some pics from their website.... notice in the third picture that the plastic has been sanded down so its smooth like the metal!

1_02_F.jpg

1_05_F.jpg

1_03_F.jpg

Race ready will do them sanded or textured (painted over stock)

I don't lknow if he is still doing them, but here is a link for Chris Spree.... He did Thinker's scoot.

Anyway, check out the links. Tazone (don't know if he posts here anymore) had a lot of problems with Will at Race Ready, and the info is in the posts. I did not have any problems, Will sent me what he said he would and provided great service, especially when I had a problem.

Hope some of this helps....
Errrrr.

so MC how have your panels held up over the last year? they still looking good??
rock.gif

I think they have held up very well. There are a couple of chips, mostly on the trim...all from me (removal and installation). There is no cracking in the paint, no major flaws. I am very happy with what I got. If I were to do it again, I would try very hard to get a spare set off of ebay (I have seen them in the past for as low as 40.00 for the whole set -all 6 pieces) and I would get a set smoothed and then painted. The extra set would be incase someone wanted the stockers on there, if I ever sold the bike, or if something happened and I need an extra piece or two....

shoud have my panels back from william at race ready this wendsday. i bought a used set off another site. thought i was getting the complete set of 6 panels found out it was only 4 and one was damaged. william was able to use 3 of the used but i had to send the other 3 off my bike. moral of the story. get over it and send him your panels. william was great to do business with. that's more than i can say for the jerk that sold me the panels.
the bike is a 06 maroon/black

John,
I too have the '06 LE and am considering getting the inners painted.  However, the paint scheme doesn't flow through the top edge of the lowers correctly to have the inners painted.  Has anyone seen inners painted to match the 06 LE?  

I am attaching a couple pics to get my point across.  Any input is appreciated!

Inners2__1_.jpg

Notice the silver all down the top edge of the lower... The lines wont flow across the top of the lower onto the inner panel as when viewed from the side....

<!--EDIT|SpeedGeek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140418022 -->

Inners2.jpg

Im actually going to try and go a step farther. im going to order the 1pc inner fairing pieces from airtech but i cant decide painted , or carbon fiber. Ill get pics up when i finally figure it out and get them lol

Notice the silver all down the top edge of the lower... The lines wont flow across the top of the lower onto the inner panel as when viewed from the side....
if you notice in the pics above that there is a "zig zag" pattern if you will on the inner panels so i dont think it would be a problem to get yours painted... you can always call and work something out i would think like maybe the painter could take pictures during the masking process to show you what the lines would look like. If your that worried about how it would turn out you should probably go with a local painter that will work with you on the process so you can see/watch it first hand...

if you notice in the pics above that there is a "zig zag" pattern if you will on the inner panels so i dont think it would be a problem to get yours painted... you can always call and work something out i would think like maybe the painter could take pictures during the masking process to show you what the lines would look like.  If your that worried about how it would turn out you should probably go with a local painter that will work with you on the process so you can see/watch it first hand...
Good advice...
I wonder if the painter could go over that edge of the lower fairing to make it look the way they want? That top view does look sort of silly to me for some reason...

Back