Big Red goes Down

rub it in too....

Nah bra ! You know me better than that.[/QUOTE]
I never thought about putting sliders on... always figured if it went down, it would go down hard.

Never thought it would fall over.

I am not sure of the sliders would of protected the turbo, but they sure would of helped out on the cosmetic damage.

Excuse me while I go kick myself...
tounge.gif

Damn, sorry to hear about the bike. did you get to talk the idiot that knocked it over?

Damn, sorry to hear about the bike. did you get to talk the idiot that knocked it over?[/QUOTE]

Before or after he pulls his boot out of his a$$.
cussing.gif

You could probably get away with replacing the Compressor Housing on the turbo, if the CHRA is not damaged.
Sorry about the typo, I meant you maybe able to replace the Turbine Housing. From the pics the turbine wheel looks to be in good shape. Usually the turbine housings are relatively inexpensive, you may also able to get the housing in a different A/R if you were looking for different spool up characteristics.

Sad news about the tip over/knock over ... glad it wasn't worse and you have a good attitude about it. Lucky for whomever that might have knocked it over that you didn't see it happen.

Sorry to see this post. It looks like you have a good attitude about it though. It was painful to read for me because I am one of the many on this board who live vicariously through your bike! (--someday mine's gonna be just like Cecil's...) I hope she's back to her beautiful self soon.

rub it in too....

Nah bra ! You know me better than that.
I never thought about putting sliders on... always figured if it went down, it would go down hard.

Never thought it would fall over.

I am not sure of the sliders would of protected the turbo, but they sure would of helped out on the cosmetic damage.

Excuse me while I go kick myself...  
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]
I have wondered about this...Now I know...I don't think the sliders would have protected the dump pipe due to where it protrudes from and the length...Also didn't realize the casing was so fragile...

Well that reeks.

Ok, I give. Frame sliders are now on my list of things to do. In fact, they just moved to number 1...

You freaked me out, man! I'm glad it fell over and you didn't lose one of your 100mph wheelie/burnout combo's. I'll be glad to help you fix it.

Sorry to here about your bike CS. At least your alright. Too bad you didn't catch the bastid that tipped it over.
guns.gif

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112659485 -->

I got insurance, but I would never use it on my bike unless I had absolutely NO choice... Got to keep that perfect record because a big claim would make me uninsured real quick...
biggrin.gif

Damn dude... I always wondered what if the bike dropped on the exhaust side after I got my turbo on. (I just dropped it putting it on the rear stand preparing to take it apart... grrrrrr.
sad.gif
At least it didn't happen after I did all this work to it...
smile.gif
)

I was kind of thinking of running the exhaust out the bottom and short, if you know what I mean. (No exhaust showing period) It would protect the turbo at least if she fell over, but definetly wouldn't look as good...
biggrin.gif
At least I could take those turns though and not worry about dragging my dump pipe...

How did the dump pipes effect your ability in the cannons?

CLoud

biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear. I don't know what I would feel if mine ever went down in a parking lot and I came outside to see it. I'm not sure I could contain myself.
mad.gif

Back