Big Red followed me home!

bjewell

Registered
Went over to Freeport Blvd to the Japanese food shop. I've been back to Sacramento for two days now. Stopped by Freepost Suzuki, but they moved. Went to the new shop, guy tell me I can buy a Hayabusa today, no money down, 175 bucks a month.

I did it!

Oh lord is this thing scary, you did not tell me about that part. But it is a friggin beautiful bike, and the complete opposite of my softail standard. Scary though, very, very scary...

Ahem
poke.gif

worthless.gif

We must have pics - it's the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

congrats on the new Busa. Oh yeah they're scary fun. Just take it easy and get use to it.
beerchug.gif

It's just a stock red one, no biggie. The wind noise is insane, and the tranny is pretty crunchy at 10 miles on the od. Seems to have a few neutrals too. At 3000rpm, it is ready to go, I cannot imagine what goes on up north of that.

I have questions for anyone in this region, such as how do you survive on friggin I-80
rock.gif
They drive like morons around here. I'd lke to take I-5 up to Williams and head over to Mendocino for a break-in run. Does a double-bubble windscreen help?

thanks guys! big Red is what I've wanted for a while. I can only ride six weeks a year, so I gotta go now... -L-

Tom Quinn
Tokyo/Sacramento

Taller screen will help. Took the wind from my neck up to my helmet. Much better.

(bjewell @ Jul. 27 2007,19:34) It's just a stock red one, no biggie.  The wind noise is insane, and the tranny is pretty crunchy at 10 miles on the od.  Seems to have a few neutrals too.  At 3000rpm, it is ready to go, I cannot imagine what goes on up north of that.

I have questions for anyone in this region, such as how do you survive on friggin I-80
rock.gif
 They drive like morons around here.  I'd lke to take I-5 up to Williams and head over to Mendocino for a break-in run.  Does a double-bubble windscreen help?

thanks guys!  big Red is what I've wanted for a while.  I can only ride six weeks a year, so I gotta go now... -L-

Tom Quinn
Tokyo/Sacramento
It helps like you wouldn't believe. One of the first mods I did. Congrats on new bike!!
beerchug.gif

Ya that kinda of stuff happens.....
They reel ya in and next thing you know.......
You just bought yourself one of the fastest nicest bikes made......
Be carefull, take you time getting to know her.....
Treat her with respect and wear all your gear......
Ride safe and enjoy.... NOW POST SOME PICS..............

IMG_0008.JPG

I wanted a 99 coppertop, you can get those in Japan, but my wife says no. I will be very, very careful. I'm 61 and not in a hurry... -L-

(bjewell @ Jul. 27 2007,19:34) I have questions for anyone in this region, such as how do you survive on friggin I-80
rock.gif
 They drive like morons around here.  

Tom Quinn
Tokyo/Sacramento
I stay alert and ride like everyone is out to get me, some times I think they really are.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the .ORG I live is sacramento too
beerchug.gif

Congrats on the new Busa. I'm 60 and I just bought my third one. Most incedable motorcycle I've ever owned. Just be careful. It does everything well, but you can get in over your head real fast. But enjoy, its a great bike.

Congrats on the purchase!
beerchug.gif

I will tell you what happens north of 3000 RPM..... your smile gets bigger and bigger! Ride safe and have fun!

You guys are great!  I'm feeling all warm and cuddly, mostly because I made myself drink a glass of wine so I wouldn't ride tonight.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
and congrats on your new bike - they are incredible  
super.gif
.  Kinda like strapping yourself to a rocket  
beerchug.gif

Back