I've got something BIG in my shed!

Kiwi Rider

Registered
Ok, call me names, I don't care! But never call me a cruiser man lol.
Here's what I have in my garage . . . . .

It's a '94 K1100RT . . . . dright about now you're thinkin' " Kiwi's lost the plot! " lmao!!
IMG_2357.JPG

She's a beauty ain't she? All that touring potential unleashed . . . .
IMG_2358.JPG

Magnificent Beast! Oh the pleasure of a Beemer in full touring regalia! . . . .
and the Busa sits there absolutely laughing it's cylinder head off :D:thumbsup::p
IMG_2359.JPG

Oh, and here's my little DR200 I got from work, it was a trade in so I paid only the trade in amount, $500 !
IMG_2360.JPG

Ok, so I've left you all in suspense for long enough, the Beemer's not mine, it's a shop bike that's a trade in and they wanted me to put some kms on it to check it's ok and mechanically sound etc.
It's friggin' horrible to ride lol. It has NO 6th gear and is doin' 4000rpm at 60mph WITH a ton of vibration between 90kmh and 115kmh, and a very loud exhaust/intake note too.
Brakes are good, but the front end susp. is very soft with a lot of dive under braking
The roll-on power is pathetic compared to a Busa, in fact I was worried about pulling out to pass cars at 60mph, didn't know how long it would take to get past lmao!
They want $5K for it, with 34000kms on the clock. Been sitting a long long time.
Thought I'd post it up so you guys can have a laugh! :laugh::thumbsup::p

It's a '94 K1100RT . . . . dright about now you're thinkin' " Kiwi's lost the plot! " lmao!!
View attachment 1587275

View attachment 1587276

and the Busa sits there absolutely laughing it's cylinder head off :D:thumbsup::p
View attachment 1587277

Oh, and here's my little DR200 I got from work, it was a trade in so I paid only the trade in amount, $500 !
View attachment 1587278

Ok, so I've left you all in suspense for long enough, the Beemer's not mine, it's a shop bike that's a trade in and they wanted me to put some kms on it to check it's ok and mechanically sound etc.
It's friggin' horrible to ride lol. It has NO 6th gear and is doin' 4000rpm at 60mph WITH a ton of vibration between 90kmh and 115kmh, and a very loud exhaust/intake note too.
Brakes are good, but the front end susp. is very soft with a lot of dive under braking
The roll-on power is pathetic compared to a Busa, in fact I was worried about pulling out to pass cars at 60mph, didn't know how long it would take to get past lmao!
They want $5K for it, with 34000kms on the clock. Been sitting a long long time.
And why would they ask the guy that rides the busa to test this thing? Don’t you guys have someone that rides a scooter at the shop? :laugh: I like the baby DR, I have a DR650 and she is a fun “bush pig” to ride.
E82003B9-EFAA-4564-B6A7-C69C21700256.jpeg

View attachment 1587275

View attachment 1587276

View attachment 1587277

View attachment 1587278

Das boot......is the name they should have used for that particular bike.

When you ride a bike like a Hayabusa, many bikes would fell pretty mundane in comparison I figure. Even my stump pulling Bandit is pale compared to the Busa.

I had (at least for a while ) a bone stock ZRX 1100. When cruiser Guys used to tell me all about the massive torque of their mighty V Twin I would challenge them to a top gear roll on from 30 MPH to what ever speed they thought they could attain. Never once lost that challenge
Then I got a Hayabusa and a whole new meaning to the word low end torque arrived

View attachment 1587275

View attachment 1587276

View attachment 1587277

View attachment 1587278

I was actually thinking that Kiwi has a very VERY large Shed lol.

You guys! :D
Yeah,
And why would they ask the guy that rides the busa to test this thing? Don’t you guys have someone that rides a scooter at the shop? :laugh: I like the baby DR, I have a DR650 and she is a fun “bush pig” to ride.
View attachment 1587286
Yesterday I had a DR650SE brand new to PDI at work, lowered it and took it for a spin around the long block . . . . great bike, they're $8995 here including an Acerbis big tank, so a bit pricey, there's a motarded DR650 for sale with 32000kms for $5K, that would be a fun bike in the hills!

Aha, okay. Now it makes sense, sorry I am learning. I also learned the word daft too. This is great!!! BTW Kiwi your ride along videos are awesome!
Haha! You'Muricans' have a lot to learn about us Kiwis and Aussies:poke:
We have some 'unusual' colloquial terms, just like I have trouble with some of the USA slang and local 'within the State' references too.
Glad you're enjoying my rides, pity about the wind noise being so predominant, if I could figure out how to edit my vids, I would have some cool music to go with it. My exhaust is also very quiet for a carbon fibre muffler, I'll see if I can get a remote mic set up near my muffler.
Here's a vid I shot on my GSXR1000K6 back in '07, this one is edited and has a cool Satch soundtrack, Surfin' with the Alien. Enjoy!

Last edited:

View attachment 1587275

Ok, so I've left you all in suspense for long enough, the Beemer's not mine,:laugh::thumbsup::p

Oh so I guess you can't report on how many channels the Mobile Satellite Dish can pickup huh? :lol:

View attachment 1587275

View attachment 1587276

View attachment 1587277

View attachment 1587278

Kiwi, is that a custom paint job on the busa or an aftermarket fairing set?

Kiwi, is that a custom paint job on the busa or an aftermarket fairing set?

It's a chinese aftermarket fairing set, original red and black OEM fairings tucked away safe and sound in a big box IN the spare room in the house.
That is a tank cover over the fuel tank.

16 (1).jpg

Back