First Ride Report....

heh heh heh wait until she wakes upafter the break in!!! You haven't felt anything until she starts pulling t 7500 rpm! Trust me, It gets WAAAAAAY Better!! I reccomend wearing pre-stained Skivvies the day you FULLY twist the throttle
wink.gif
 No sense ruining a second pair!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

great review

laugh.gif

Congrats. Know what you are talking about, my first time on a bike was on my busa. Grow in to it not out of it right?

welcome to the family
wink.gif

Loved reading your review, nothing like the feeling of pure bliss the Busa can give you. make sure to download the factory service manual form this site. The throttle is an easy fix, the dealer could do it, but nothing like doing it yourself - Something about having that Personal relationship with your Busa. Anyhow...ride safe, & keep smiling
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new busa and enjoy it. I've had mine for 6 months now and everytime I get on her it feels like I am riding her for the first time. I just love riding my busa. Wish it would warm up.
down.gif

Good read! I'm fairly new to the Busa myself (about 6 months). Switching from a Wing to a Busa is a pretty radical change. I owned a Yam FJR1300 before I purchased my Busa (still have both), so my jump wasn't quite as radical.

If your throttle cable slop isn't too bad (within specs), I suggest not adjusting it - at least not right away. As you've already found out throttle management is critical on the Busa. With a little slop in the throttle cable you won't have to worry about accidently "bumping" the throttle and jetting forward. I bit of cable slop makes for a nice "oops!" cushion!
smile.gif
Once you feel more comfortable you might want to tighten my up a bit.

As for the anti-wave thing. I'm not sure about that myself. I've had several cruisers pass by and ignore me totally, although sport bikers wave regularly. A get a lot more waves when I'm on my FJR, but to be honest, I could care less either way. When I get ignored I figure the passing rider; a) could care less about sport bikes, b) they're in awe of the Busa, or maybe jealous? Who knows. But bikers (in general) are normally proud of their ride, whatever it is. Perhaps they're thinking (stupid as it might seem) the Busa has nothing on their HD or VTX.
laugh.gif

As for riding style, I'm 53 and at first (and especially compared to my FJR) the Busa's riding position was a tad uncomfortable on my wrists. I added Helibars, which helped a bit, but more importantly, I learned to grab the tank with my knees/legs and supported my upper body with my back. I found the weight came off my wrists and it felt easier to control the bike in fast turns as well. Plus it's a great work out too!
smile.gif

Congrats on your new Busa. Enjoy, but respect it or it'll damn sure bite ya!
wink.gif

smile.gif

"One complaint; the throttle has a good bit of play in it. You can actually rotate the throttle about 1/8 of a turn before the cable tugs on the injector. Is that typical? Quick fix ideas?"

The first thing I did when I bought my 05 was to adjust the two throttle cables (instructions in your Owner's Manual) so that there is no slack at all when I twist the throttle. Makes for a smooth and not jerky acceleration. Be careful though, until you get use to it!!!

Great post. I still remember the first ride on mine. As for the riding position, once accustomed to it you will be amazed at the total control it allows. Now, a little break-in period and you will be ready to experience your first run to hyper-speed, 170+. She will surely "bend light"....it becomes almost surreal. Caution: once bitten by the Hayabusa bug, might alter your current state of reality. Other's may not fully understand. You own the legend, the machine all others strive to be!!!

I couldn't tell you how I felt after my first ride couldn't get the shid eating grin of my face
laugh.gif

Nice review congrats and enjoy
biggrin.gif

Perma grin installation procedure
1. Start The BUSA you should look like this.
smile.gif

2. Take off. ride around a bit still like this.
smile.gif

3. Once you find a nice long road take off go WOT thru 3rd gear should do it your face should do something like this
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
perma-grin installed

smile.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I remember my first ride on my Busa. I had to haul mine 65 miles on the back of my new truck (I bought the same day)Longest hour of my life.A whole hour of watching the rear view instead of the windshield. But when I took it to town the first time I could not believe the power. I went from A 05 636 (hit A tree) to the 04 blue and silver Busa. At one time I thought the 636 was fast. I have yet to feel the real power of mine but I have run it A little. Going to Oklahoma for Christmas and taking her with me. Can not stand to leave her alone in Alabama.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Congrads, and that throttle thing, may be just you getting use to it since you came off a 850 Lb Yacht Cruiser with 110 Hp at the rear wheel. Throttle action with 300 less lbs and about 45 more HP at the rear wheel is going to not only feel different, but IS DIFFERENT ! Just be careful and no wide open throttle like you do on the Wing going down Ole Suburbia !

Happy Sailing  
race.gif

The first thing I did when I bought my 05 was to adjust the two throttle cables (instructions in your Owner's Manual) so that there is no slack at all when I twist the throttle. Makes for a smooth and not jerky acceleration. Be careful though, until you get use to it!!!
CCbusa05 is sending you in the right direction.

Do the adjustment now. This way, you are already adjusting how to feed the throttle. If first riding the bike with the throttle in this position, it would be second nature by now.

Set the throttle with zero play. Either watch the throttle grip move when you turn the front end from lock to lock, or run the engine, then turn the front end to hear the idle rise. If this happens, the cable is binding, (which is normal routing-can't help it) and play should be added, until the idle can sustain from lock to lock.

You are more "at one" with the bike. No hunting to zero-out, and then apply throttle.

Going from a Gold Wing to a Hayabusa must make that heavy Busa feel like a feather. I am glad that you really enjoy your new foundjoy and there is more to come as you put on the miles!!!
biggrin.gif

Throttle management is easier if you rest the outside of your palm on the bar end & operate the throttle with your thumb & first finger wrapped around it. Cover the brake with your middle finger.

I installed a TRE to smooth out the throttle.

odd-- maybe my bike is rare in that I have had no throttle control issues. Twist back -goes faster . twist forward --slows down

yep, that's the busa-effect!

Mine is sitting in the garage, on stands, waiting for spring. I just started her up on the stands tonight to circulate the oil. I have 11K on it and I still just stand there and marvel at it.

I'm grinning just thinking about my last high speed blast...

Back