BG 44K Can it be used all the time?

mike1180

Banned
I bought a case of BG 44K off ebay for $12 a can.
It says it does up to 20 gallons.
Our tanks hold 5 gallons so ¼ can per fill or about $3 worth.
Any ideas on using the stuff all the time?
It worked so good the first time, so why wait until it gets gunked up and then do it?
For $3, I could do it every time, or every second time.
Does anyone think it will do any harm?

Im no expert but I believe it shouldnt do harm, but is a waste. I know people who use injector cleaner regularly, and started before it got gunked up, like you said, but every other time I believe is too much. Maybe one treatment per month or something?

The frequency of use depends on your driving habits and the quality of gas you are using. Shell premium gas for example has so many detergents in it that you might need an induction flush once in 65,000 miles if you drive like a grandma. You are wasting your $15-18 if you constanty use 44-K. Personally, I used to grab a can and put it in my car every 20k miles, but the BG rep told me even this is too much. BG has actually come out with a much more advanced system which runs the engine closed loop on the machine for 30minutes and cleans the induction system better than 44k ever could. The rep recommended the frequency to be every year for this flush.

All in all, its your money, but there are better things you could be spending it on.

Since you have it, I'd just run it every 3000 miles or so to keep them clean. Use it at your normal oil change.
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it!

Depending on how many miles you ride...once or twice a year should be fine :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys

I had a small miss at idle after 12,000 miles.
Not consistent, but coughed a bit.
Not noticeable anywhere else in the curve.
I ran one can of this through ¼ can per tank and the miss is gone!
Seems to run better all over also.

I think I will use a can over 4 tanks at every oil change.

Back