Best Western Mocks War Hero

The guys a hero period .

That being said it doesn't rep the whole company.
Article says she asked him 'what do you want me to do about it?'
And he hung up on her. Maybe she said it rude or wrong but he hung up and went down her road instead of trying to further explain himself. Now it's viral on Facebook because nobody has anything better to do.

He's disabled and needs help but this isnt Natl news to me.

A company is its people. All he wanted was help to get his wheelchair and bag down the stairs. They'll never get any of my business.

Again, the guys a hero.

But read the quote from the article below,

This was her response to him on phone
The woman who answered then mocked his request, Staples said.

“She said, ‘Are you serious?’” Staples said. He answered, “Yes, I’m in a wheelchair.”

Then Staples said she retorted, “What do you want me to do about it?” causing him to hang up the phone.

This quote is written to draw a certain reaction from you. Let's look at it a different way just using a couple different words, ok.

"The woman who answered then repeated his request, Staples said.

“She said, ‘Are you serious?’” Staples said. He answered, “Yes, I’m in a wheelchair.”

Then Staples said she replied, “What would you like me to do about it?” causing him to hang up the phone.
"

If written like that it doesn't sound so bad does it? Anyway the clerk probably was some $5 a hour 'I don't care' so apologies to him for having to deal with it but we haven't heard her side or read any of her quotes yet. We don't know if he called and was pissed and upset from get go, which one can understand stuck in a wheelchair on the 3rd floor? The article just seems slanted to draw a reaction and I saw a link on CNN for it as well.
Just seems like a small local 'omg we are so sorry' that's getting out of hand.
Boycotts? Seriously? An entire company is now beholden to the behavior of one lower level employee?
C'mon.

Nothing against him and he should have folks assigned paid for by me and you to help him 24/7 should need be but let's move on.

Blanca Busa said:
The guys a hero period .

That being said it doesn't rep the whole company.
Article says she asked him 'what do you want me to do about it?'
And he hung up on her. Maybe she said it rude or wrong but he hung up and went down her road instead of trying to further explain himself. Now it's viral on Facebook because nobody has anything better to do.

He's disabled and needs help but this isnt Natl news to me.

X2

Typical one sided news. Customer service is a two way street. I'm sure they both couldve handled the situation better.

just an observation from one that stays in hotels more than 99.999% of the population.

Did he require such assistance to get to his room on the top floor? If so the hotel should have been able to assist in the same way on his departure.
Was it just an issue with his bag or was it also with his chair? If both, how did he move around during his stay? Surely he didnt stay in the room the entire stay.
Did they put him on the top floor or did he request it? Perhaps there was a room on the ground floor available that would have been better suited to his needs?

There are always accessible rooms on different floors but the hotel typically has an elevator, even if its a staff one that can be used for moving items between floors. Again, how did the young man get to the top floor?

I'm not justifying the way he was treated, far from it, the worker should get a good reprimand or worse but I have to wonder if he was equally as courteous throughout the conversation. One sided customer service stories are always just that, one sided. It sucks regardless of the fact that he is a veteran and hero, if that happened do anyone's friend or family member it would be equally disturbing.

Zuk did you read the article :poke:

Checked in early and no other rooms were available ring a bell?
He had NO problem being on third floor ring a bell?
Elevator ring a bell?
Took it to the third floor ring a bell?
Rolling blackouts caused elevator to be out ring a bell?

Sucks~ Not exactly the same but the wrecker company I worked for had a similar policy, you do not help anyone get into the truck. If they are disabled,elderly or for what ever reason can't get into the truck on their own you do not touch them under any circumstances. Why is the situation so messed up, people winning stupid lawsuits.

I am curious what the Hotel is planning on doing if there had been a fire??? You put a man in a wheel chair on the third floor. Elevator not working and in a fire not a good idea to try an use it anyway.:banghead:

Sucks~ Not exactly the same but the wrecker company I worked for had a similar policy, you do not help anyone get into the truck. If they are disabled,elderly or for what ever reason can't get into the truck on their own you do not touch them under any circumstances. Why is the situation so messed up, people winning stupid lawsuits.

I am curious what the Hotel is planning on doing if there had been a fire??? You put a man in a wheel chair on the third floor. Elevator not working and in a fire not a good idea to try an use it anyway.:banghead:

My job is same. I deal with the super old of SoFla, average age is 85 or so I guess. More than half have a nurse asst or helper setting the walker out or whatever. I open doors for them. I'm deeply grateful to help them for what they've done for me but I don't touch them. Their too frail. Just holding ones arm the wrong way while helping them up two steps and you can hurt more than help. Not sure if it applies in this case or if it would hurt him helping though?

A company is its people. All he wanted was help to get his wheelchair and bag down the stairs. They'll never get any of my business.

You might need to know that all Best Westerns are INDEPENDENTLY Owned. So one bad operator doesn't mean they are all bad or have a bad attitudes. Also, this was an EMPLOYEE at only ONE Best Western, to tag ALL BW's as that really isn't fair.

Back