Should they take down the War Memorial Cross?

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
We need to stop this PC BS and leave things alone. This is doing nothing for peoples liberties but is doing harm to our veterans morale and the majority of the country.

The ACLU is becoming a waste..they are getting as bad as PETA with rediculous suits.

Quoting ourvoice..."If they win and succeed in tearing down this monument, what's next? Imagine what could happen at the Arlington National Cemetery. Will they put bags over all the crosses that mark the graves of our fallen heroes? What about the 20-foot Canadian Cross of Sacrifice?"

Mojave Desert War Memorial Cross - Don't TEAR Me Down: Stop the ACLU - Sign the Petition

Supreme Court to Consider Case of Cross Monument in Mohave Desert | Politics | Christianity Today

Help save the Mohave Desert War Memorial from ACLU!!! | The American Legion - Our Voice

I think there are much better things the ACLU could be doing but, what does a cross have to do with a memorial to veterans? There are many memorials that have no religious context.

I think they need to stop picking on Christians. Christians seem to be their target. They really serve no purpose and need to stop the hatin' . Like so many other organizations they just keep crap going and don't really do anything positive like they once did.

I'm really having trouble focusing right now, and it's hard to hold your tongue and try not to offend, but in my opinion, they , the ACLU , keeps this crap going so they can get some free publicity and keep the donations rolling in. There now I just pissed a lot of folks off, but it's the way I see it.

Last edited:
I think there are much better things the ACLU could be doing but, what does a cross have to do with a memorial to veterans? There are many memorials that have no religious context.

Because that is what the veterans returning from WWI chose to put there in 1934.

Why should we change it now against their wishes?

Who does this harm that it needs to be removed?

I'm not a religious person, but I think there's far too many PC "movements" going on nowadays, stripping things down that shouldn't even be bothering anyone...this is ridiculous, what if the family of those lost WANT that cross there? That's infringing on THEIR freedom of religion and should never offend people just viewing it.

We are becoming our own worst enemies...

Because that is what the veterans returning from WWI chose to put there in 1934.

Why should we change it now against their wishes?

Who does this harm that it needs to be removed?

If it was the veterans who picked it then I 100% agree that it should not be removed.

I also think a more positive approach might be erect monuments to pay tribute to vets from other faiths.

No, this is another ridiculous stunt played out by the ACLU which wastes taxpayers dollars and time (ie. using valuable court time and money etc..)

They must be the most bored people on the planet if this stuff is the best they can come up with.

It's the same crap at the top of Mt. Soledad, yo.

So disheartening, not to mention disrespectful.

Those people need motorcycles. I don't even care if they buy cruisers...just get some other focus, people, please.

It's the same crap at the top of Mt. Soledad, yo.

So disheartening, not to mention disrespectful.

Those people need motorcycles. I don't even care if they buy cruisers...just get some other focus, people, please.

No because then they would fight to start removing the iron cross from choppers.

separation of church and state.....

why does a memorial to fallen soldiers have to have religious symbols? they were not fighting for god, they were fighting for the United States.

i signed the petition to keep it there the way it was originally....i think that what i added my name to???.....thinkin bout it now i prolly shoulda looked a lil closer to make sure thats what i was signing for

separation of church and state.....

why does a memorial to fallen soldiers have to have religious symbols? they were not fighting for god, they were fighting for the United States.

Poor argument at best. That symbol in no way reflects the US Government endorsing or forcing a religion upon anyone.

Show me someone who looked at that monument and said I better go join The Church of the United States. Oh that's right, there isn't one anyway :rofl:

Last edited:
Poor argument at best. That symbol in no way reflects the US Government endorsing or forcing a religion upon anyone.

Show me someone who looked at that monument and said I better go join The Church of the United States. Oh that's right, there isn't one anyway :rofl:

You're right,but it could of been heart breaking for a Jewish person who lost a loved one to see a religious symbol of another faith to symbolize "Respect" for them giving their lives.

Personally it doesn't bother me,but I can see the various perspectives on the issue.

actually it is a valid argument. we do not all worship the same god.

the bigger question is:

why does a memorial for fallen soldiers have to have any religious symbols?

Regardless, Revising historical monuments or thought because of current softheadedness leads nowhere good. The ACLU, a collection of whackjob kneejerk tools IMNSO has no business attempting to remodel anything due to current mental midgetry. It's important that we keep our history, our monuments intact as they are because it's these books, ideals and monuments that set our current place in history into context. There's a lot of ugly in our history, a lot of terrible things, but revising those things out of text books because they are ugly or unpopular is a huge mistake.

Simply because the Book is still there, the monument is Christian, etc. Doesn't mean we go around changing it. We should look at it as history, as what our forefathers did and learn from it. "In God We Trust" Who really gives a crap what it says on the money, if this is what you've got to worry about, I've got some weeds that need pulled. It's unlikely in the extreme that this really causes ANYONE any injury. If it read "In Spaghetti Monster we hope" would anyone care? Seriously.

Alleged "intellectuals" really should be able to see the danger in these sorta actions. If we're not learning from our history it's going to repeat itself, again and again. Pretending something didn't happen or attempting to edit something so some special group can feel superior to another is a huge mistake. We need to look at what was done, understand WHY it was done, accept that as it is, and move on. Moving forward either accepting that what was done is appropriate, or rejecting it as wrong and learning from it. It's not our place to impose current thought, current feel, or current "everyone is special" psychosis on historical books, monuments, or thought. The arrogance of such notions is truly amazing.

On the flip side, listening to Christians cry about persecution here in the US is like listening to wealthy white men cry about not being in charge of something. Intriguing, but mostly kinda silly. Last time I checked the country still claims to be about 80% christian. Seems pretty healthy to me.

image001 (2).gif

Last edited:
Well said Revlis...mental midgetry, almost sounds like an Olympic sport :laugh:

Well said Revlis...mental midgetry, almost sounds like an Olympic sport :laugh:

It's become a bit of an Olympic Sport. There's this rapid movement towards mediocrity in this nation and it's caused in part I believe by everyone "knowing" what's best for their neighbor.

Christians KNOW what's wrong with ANYONE who isn't.

Non-Christians are just CERTAIN that they know what's really going on.

The Government is POSITIVE that they can make our lives BETTER if we just do it their way.

On and on... Won't likely stop until we truly do reach an idiocracy. One nation, under Corporate law, with liberty and Justice for "oh boy is that a cheeto?" "GO away, Batin!" ???

Back