BEST WAYS TO MAKE THE BUSA SAFER

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
What modifications can we make to our Busas to make them safer for ourselves and the public at large? In the name of greater longevity for all of us, let me start the ball rolling with a few practical suggestions:

1. Epoxy the throttle twist grip closed and use only the neutral idle lever.

2. 6 tooth front sprocket, 412 tooth rear sprocket.

3. Hard wire horn permanently on with ignition.

4. Seat belts.

5. Fill tank with diesel/sugar combo fuel.

6. Stunt aircraft orange smoke bombs also on with ignition.

7. Side car...both sides.

8. Replace key with 34 character alpha numeric touch pad ignition code. Mount touch pad under seat.

9. Remove springs from brake pads. Once brake is pressed, it stays pressed.

10. New ownership requirement: Must take Mother-in-Law on all rides.

Pete,
I will be transitioning from a BMW
R1100S to a H-busa in Dec.Any words of
advice [aside from increase my life insuracce
policy]
thanks

You guys are soooo funny. I'm glad I own a busa, but I'm pissed they are coming out for 2000 in Blue and Silver. I love blue and yes I know it's the same bike but damn it, I'd just feel better on Blue.

Soja1

Dr. Busa that was a good one!

1)Bar end mirror works real well in traffic.

2)Valentine 1 makes it safer by taking out the anxiety factor of riding always above speed limits.

3)Copper is faster ask turbo rick :)

-weld sidestand permanently down
-stop selling H's to lunatics and Canadians that live near Lake Ontario.

I think I would rather join Jed than take my mother-in-law on my Busa. I would probably end up doing both.

I would like to have mirrors similar to the Blackbird's with marker lights on my Busa.

I resent the ZX-12 sticker :). I have finally decided to add a ZX-12 to my collection if I can get one. But it will be fun to give BUSA's a run for the money. The extra incentive of a grudge match make's it that much better. It's like Ford against Chevy in the good old days when A&W waitresses wore roller skates. I like it.
I can understand trying to turn your BUSA into a ZX-12 but a sticker is not going to cover it. You may need to do a bit more work to retain #1 speed king status.
Flame on.

Easy rider, I'm really looking forward to the first red light beside a ZX12 next spring.

As soon as I hear there's one or two on the street in Toronto, I'll drop my tx25 200 to 18 pounds and cruise the local Kawi dealership.

I think they're gonna be wheely monsters and lose every street drag they get in...just like R1s.

But hey, if I lose, it won't be the first time.

Either way, the ZX12 is going to be a great bike.

Soja1
Why don't you see if someone will by the blue one and swap parts, or just start baying the blue parts separately and sell yours to any one how needs them?
Just a thought

let me express my safety nightmare too.

1. airbags all over
2. power windscreen, mirrors
3. fully automated convertible top.
4. six way power seat, massage and heated.
5. speed limiter..
6. automatic gear change (rear, neutral, park, drive etc)
7. air conditioning
8. cruise control, tilt/telescopic steering culumn
9. cup holders, ash tray, cell phone, tv set(entertainment center)
10. spare tire holder, power trunk

DP: Unfortunately you are a couple province's away from me, but a race with someone on this BB would be fun. Unfortunately I am in BC. As far as wheelies, I am looking forward to it. At a little over 200lbs I have always had to use my clutch to wheelie, I am looking forward to being able to do it with power and no tricks. I find if I hang over the tank at launch it takes quite a bit to wheelie anymore than a couple feet off the ground. It should be fun, if I have to lose a race it might as well be by doing a burnout/wheelie the whole way. That is my way of a successful loss. Either way it is going to be fun.

Back